Soft Milk Cake Paal Cake -Tea Stall Snack. -- தமிழ் மொழிபெயர்ப்பு விரைவில்
The aroma of just milk and sugar cooked for a couple of hours can melt away any kind of stress! Paal cake has a crispy crust with soft juicy inside. Video is available in the link at the end of the page.
தேவையான பொருட்கள் :
- 1.5cup wheat flour
- 2-3tbsp milk powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder(optional)
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2tsp cardamon powder
- 1 முட்டை
- 2 to3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2tbsp butter(melted)/ghee/oil
- 1/2cup lukewarm water/milk
For sugar syrup
- 1/2 கப் சர்க்கரை
- 1cup water
- Mix with milk instead of water if you do not have milk powder.
- Try to use melted butter at the most. Use oil, only if you do not have butter/ghee.
- Take a mixing bowl & start adding the dry ingredients one by one.
- Firstly add wheat flour & 3tbsp milk powder, followed by cardamon powder, salt & baking powder.
- Since we added baking powder its better to mix the mixture thoroughly using a whisk or a spoon & keep it aside.(Adding baking powder is optional)
- Now take another bowl & start adding an egg followed by melted butter/oil/ghee & 2tbsp powdered sugar.
- Now mix this using a whisk till sugar is dissolved completely.
- Be cautious: not to add more powdered sugar & milk powder.(3tbsp is more than enough for this amount of flour)
- Now add the mixed dry ingredients into this bowl & start kneading the dough.
- Its better to knead the dough with our hands, by adding lukewarm water/milk in intervals.(Mix with milk instead of water if you do not have milk powder)
- Knead it to a soft dough and flatten the whole dough using a rolling pin. Try to flatten the dough to a square shape with 1cm thickness.
- Now cut the dough into pieces of approximately 1 inch width & 3 inch length. (For reference see the video below)
- Keep the cake pieces aside.
- Now heat a pan & start making sugar syrup by boiling 1/2cup sugar & 1cup water. Once the sugar syrup gets thickened & becomes sticky consistency, switch off the flame & keep it aside.
Frying the cake pieces
- Now take a frying pan & add enough oil for frying the cake pieces.
- Once oil is hot, start adding the cake pieces into the hot oil & fry both the sides on low-medium flame till it turns into golden brown.
- Do remember to fry in low flame to let the cake cook inside properly.
Soak in sugar syrup
- Now transfer the cakes into the sugar syrup.(make sure sugar syrup is hot while transferring the cakes into syrup.)
- Stir mix the cakes in the sugar syrup.
- Now cakes will start to absorb the sugar syrup.
- Soak in sugar syrup for atleast 10min.
- Delicious tea stall milk cakes are ready to be served.