Murungakkai Sambar| Drumstick Sambar Recipe-- தமிழ் மொழிபெயர்ப்பு விரைவில்
How to make murungakkai sambar ?
Drumsticks sambar recipe is a south Indian cuisine. We can add in or substitute the veggies as we prefer. Here I am using shallots & drumsticks with a blend of sambar powder spices. Also, you can use store brought sambar powder if you do not wish to prepare homemade sambar powder.
தேவையான பொருட்கள் :
For preparing sambar powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil/any oil of your choice
- ½ tsp methi / fenugreek
- ¼ cup coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin / jeera
- 5 to 8 dried red chillies/20 Kashmiri chilies
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- சில கறிவேப்பிலை
- pinch of hing
For Preparing Sambar
- 3 tsp oil
- 1tsp mustard
- 2 dried red chillies
- pinch hing
- சில கறிவேப்பிலை
- 5-10 shallots, crushed /sliced
- 1/2 tomato, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- உப்பு - தேவையான அளவு
- 10 to 15 pieces of drumstick
- 2 cup cooked toor dal
- ½ cup tamarind extract
- finely chopped corriander leaves
Preparing Sambar Masala
- In a tawa heat 1 tsp coconut oil and saute ½ tsp methi/fenugreek seeds.
- add ¼ cup coriander seeds, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp urad dal and 1 tsp chana dal.
- roast on low flame until spices turn aromatic.
- Further, add dried red chillies, a pinch hing and few curry leaves. saute on low flame until chillies puff up.
- Transfer the spices into mixie jar and blend to a fine powder.
For preparing Sambar
- In a pressure cooker cook dal by adding 2 cups of toor dal & 5 to 6 cups water. Keep it aside.
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat, 3 tsp oil, and splutter tempering.
- Add shallots and saute for 2 minutes. Then add 1 tomato. Saute until tomatoes are soft.
- Further, add ½ tsp turmeric, 2 tbsp sambar powder, and 1 tsp salt.
- Saute for a minute until spices turn aromatic.
- Add in cut pieces of drumstick and cook well.
- Now add the cooked dal and 1 cup water.
- adjust the consistency adding water as required. cover and boil for 5 minutes or until flavors are absorbed well.
- Add ½ cup tamarind extract and stir well.
- Boil for 5 to 10 minutes or until the raw flavor of tamarind is gone.
- Finally, add coriander leaves and enjoy drumstick sambar with hot steamed rice.