தமிழ் மொழிபெயர்ப்பு விரைவில்
A healthy snack recipe or a healthy breakfast recipe. It is very simple & quick to make.
What are rice flakes?
Flattened rice is rice which is flattened into flat, light, dry flakes originating from the Indian subcontinent. Rice is parboiled before flattening so that it can be consumed with very little to no cooking. These flakes of rice swell when added to liquid, whether hot or cold, as they absorb water, milk, or any other liquids.
The thickness of the flakes varies between almost translucently thin to nearly four times thinner than a normal rice grain. It is also called “beaten rice”,
How to prepare Aval nanachathu?
In this recipe the brown rice flakes are infused with jaggery, along with grated coconut, & flavored with cumin powder, and cardamom.
There are different types of rice flakes: white & brown rice flakes with different thicknesses. You can use any type of rice flakes for this recipe. If the aval to coconut ratio is 1:1 then it will be tastier. Based on your choice you can prefer the amount of coconut.
Sweetened Beaten Rice Flakes | Aval Nanachathuநெறி: Breakfast, Snacksஉணவு: இந்தியன்டிபிகல்ட்டி (சிரமம்): சுலபம்
Sweetened Beaten Rice Flakes | Aval Nanachathu | How to prepare aval nanachathu?
செய்முறை விளக்க வீடியோ
1cup aval/poha/rice flakes
1cup grated coconut
1/2cup grated jaggery
¼ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp cardamom powder
5-6nos cashew-nuts powdered
2 pinch of salt
- First of all add ¾ cup grated coconut in a mixing bowl, followed by ½ cup grated jaggery. (Based on the choice of sweetness you can prefer either white sugar/ brown sugar from ¼ cup to ½ cup.)
- Then add in 1/4tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp powdered cardamom, 1tsp sugar, 2pinch salt, & 5 to 6 no of cashew nuts powdered.
- Now mix these ingredients well.
- Then add in 1 cup rice flakes/aval/poha & mix well with other ingredients. Here I had taken brown rice flakes which are a little hard in texture.
- Since I am using hard textured rice flakes I am adding in 1tbsp lukewarm milk to make it soft. You can use water instead of milk.
- Now mix the ingredients well, once again with our hands.
- Our aval nanachathu, is ready to be served as it is or along with the banana.
- If the aval to coconut ratio is 1:1 then it will be tastier. Based on your choice you can prefer the amount of coconut.
- There are different types of rice flakes: white & brown rice flakes with different thicknesses. You can use any type of rice flakes for this recipe.