Dry Fruits Powder | Almond | Badam Mix | Soothing drink in winter season | with step by step photos and video. One of the most nutritious nuts powder that is mixed with milk to form a soothing drink. It keeps your body energetic, warm and healthy especially during fasts and during winters. Perfect for all ages.
Loaded with goodness of almonds, pistachios, cashews and saffron is a treat to sip on. Check out this super easy recipe and enjoy it either chilled or hot.
Are you wondering, why homemade?
This is easily available in all supermarkets and you will be thinking why to make it at home. When it is homemade, it is a pure protein powder with no additives or preservatives. The commercial powder mixes available in markets contain only 8% badam and loads of milk powder added to it which is visible in the ingredients list itself.
How to make home made dry fruits or almond or badam mix powder ?
Dry Fruits Powder | Almond | Badam Mix | Soothing drink in winter season | with step by step photos and video. One of the best immunity building foods for children of all ages and even adults too. The dry fruits using in this recipe includes badam or almond, cashews, and pistachios. I am using a small amount of saffron for its known antioxidant properties. Turmeric, scientifically proven for anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties is added for a beautiful color also. The sugar I am using here is brown sugar. You can use either white or brown sugar based on your choice.
Dry Fruits | Almond | Badam Mix PowderCourse: Powder, BeverageCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Dry Fruits Powder | Almond | Badam Mix | Soothing drink in winter season | with step by step photos and video. One of the most nutritious nuts powder that is mixed with milk a soothing drink.
- To make Dry-Fruits Powder
1/2 cup of Badam or Almonds
10 to 15 Cashews
10 to 15 Pistachios
1/2 cup of Brown or White Sugar
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Saffron Strands
3 to 4 Cardamom Pods (Optional)
- For Dry Fruit Milk
1 cup of Hot or Cold Milk
2 tbsp Dry Fruits Powder
- To make Dry Fruits Powder Mix
- Heat a pan and reduce the flame to very low.
- Add 1/2 cup of badam or almonds. Dry roast it for 3 minutes over a low flame until you can smell the aroma of badam.
- Now add 10 to 15 cashews & again roast until the smell arises (around 1 minute) over the low flame.
- Then add 10 to 15 pistachios and roast until the smell of pistachios arises.
- Now transfer all the roasted dry fruits to a plate & allow it to cool down.
- In a large mixi jar add 1/2 cup of brown or white sugar, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 3 to 4 cardamom pods and some strands of saffron. Grind it to fine powder.
- Then add the roasted dry fruits & grind it to a coarse or fine powder. If you prefer to have crunchy bites of dry fruits while drinking milk then grind it to a slight coarse texture.
- Transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate it.
- Making Dry-Fruit Milk
- Add 1 cup of hot or cold milk in a glass. Add 1 to 2 tbsp dry fruit powder mix. Mix it well and have this soothing drink.
- You can decrease or increase the amount of sugar based on your sweetness taste.
- If you prefer to have crunchy bites of dry fruits while drinking milk then grind it to a slight coarse texture.
- Dry roasting is must to have that aromatic drink. Be patient and dry roast the dry fruits.