Milkmaid | Condensed Milk Recipe | How to make condensed milk | with step by step photos and video. Condensed milk has become one of the most important ingredients for making sweets/Mithai, cakes, and desserts. An easy, simple concentrated sweetened milk recipe made with milk and sugar.
Although packed/canned condensed milk is easily available in the market, however, you can never forget the taste of those desserts prepared with homemade condensed milk. This is a simple way to prepare condensed milk at home and with this, you need not worry about the quality that you get outside.
How to make milkmaid or condensed milk at home?
Milkmaid | Condensed Milk Recipe | How to make condensed milk | with step by step photos and video. An ideal ingredient to have in your kitchen shelf which can be used for most of the Indian sweets. All you need to make it is milk and sugar. Here, full-fat milk has been used to prepare the condensed milk, you can also choose low cream milk as well. Full fat milk increases the flavor and the taste for your desserts.
So, if you are ever in need of fresh condensed milk, try this easy method and impress your loved ones. The traditional way is done by evaporating full cream milk. Evaporation takes a lot of time, and we have to continuously stir it, until it thickens.
Furthermore, do check out our sweets and snacks recipes too. Hope you would like them.
Milkmaid | Condensed Milk RecipeCourse: Dessert, CondimentsCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Medium
2 cup/ 500 ml Full Fat Milk
3/4 cup/ 12 tbsp Sugar
Milkmaid | Condensed Milk Recipe | How to make condensed milk | with step by step photos and video. An easy, simple concentrated sweetened milk recipe made with milk and sugar.
- Firstly take a saucepan or a heavy-bottomed pan and pour 2 cups of full-fat milk.
- Stir the milk over a high flame.
- Once the milk is heated add 3/4 cup or 12 tablespoon sugar.
- Turn the flame to low once the milk starts to boil.
- If you are using a heavy-bottomed vessel there is no need to stir continuously. If not, you have to stir continuously until the milk gets thickened.
- Milk will start to thicken after 20 minutes.
- After 30 minutes you can see the milk is reduced to half. It has turned to a creamy color and thickened slightly.
- To check the consistency draw a line over the ladle or spoon and you can clearly see the line drawn. It is not spread over.
- Now switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Upon cooling, it thickens more. You can store this condensed milk in an air-tight container for up to 1 month in a refrigerator.
- Instead of full-fat milk, you can use low-fat milk also but it takes more time to achieve this consistency and color.
- If you are using a normal sauce-pan stir continuously to avoid the milk getting burnt. It’s better to use a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Also, keep the flame on low-medium and keep stirring else there are high chances for milk to burn.