Apple Almond Cake | with step by step photos and video. A delicious cake that is moist, fluffy and has the wholesome flavour of cinnamon, grated apples, and pieces of almonds. The sweetness of the apples, combined with the crunch of the almonds makes it the yummiest cake.
Such a cake is made through the process of slicing this sweet fruit to add fragrance to a cake base. Moreover, traditional apple cakes go a step further by including various spices such as nutmeg or cinnamon, which give a unique flavor.
Moreover, the cake can also be made with peaches, plums, pineapples or even cherries. Just make sure that the fruit is sweet. Or you can lightly cook the fruits in sugar syrup or macerate them in sugar. Pineapple, plums or peaches can give a sour and tart taste, which may not go well with some folks.
Selection of Apples:
Apples should be sweet and crunchy to yield the best cake.
How to make apple almond cake?
Apple Almond Cake | with step by step photos and video. A popular dessert produced with the main ingredient of apples. Firstly, the sugar is caramelised and the apples are cooked with this sugary syrup. Here we are using a beater entirely for the recipe, to mix the batter. You can either choose a spatula to whisk also. Further, for a crunchy taste, almond pieces are added. You can skip this, if you do not like bite of almonds.
Furthermore, I would like to highlight marble cake in a saucepan, eggless banana rava cake, perfect vanilla sponge cake, eggless wheat banana cake, and vanilla ice-cream cake recipe also. Hope you would be delighted.
Apple Almond CakeCourse: CakeCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
6 tbsp Sugar
11/2 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
11/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
150 gms Unsalted Butter
3 tbsp Oil
11/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence (optional)
50 to 100 gms Almond (Sliced)
Apple Almond Cake | with step by step photos and video. A delicious cake that is moist, fluffy and has the wholesome flavour of cinnamon, grated apples, and pieces of almonds.
- Firstly, take 2 apples. Peel the skin and remove the seeds. Then grate it using the large holes of a grater.
- Collect 2 cups of grated apples and keep aside.
- Caramelise the sugar
- Add 6 tbsp sugar in a pan and heat it over a low flame.
- Caramelize the sugar until it turns golden brown.
- Now add the grated apples and cook the apples in the caramelise for 8 to 10 minutes until it is dried completely.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Preparing the Cake Tin
- Here, we are using a 7 inch square cake tin. You can also use a 8 inch round cake pan.
- Grease it with some oil or butter and place a butter paper.
- Preparing the Dry Ingredients
- Add 11/2 cup of maida, 11/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
- Mix it well. Sieve it 2 to 3 times & keep aside.
- Preparing the Cake Batter
- Add 150 gms of unsalted butter at room temperature and beat until it turns soft & fluffy.
- To that add 11/2 cup of powdered sugar little by little and beat until it turns to a creamy texture.
- Add 3 eggs one by one and one and beat it until is combined well.
- To make the cake moist add 3 tbsp of oil and mix it well using a whisk or beater.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla essence and start adding the dry ingredients little by little.
- Beat it at low speed until it is mixed well and turns to a smooth batter.
- Now add the caramelised sugar kept aside and blend it well.
- At last add 50 to 100 gms of almonds sliced into small pieces, and mix well.
- Batter is ready.
- Transfer to the greased cake pan.
- Level it and pat it to release the air bubbles.
- For the garnishing part top the cake batter with some apples slices.
- Place a stand and a plate in a kadai. Preheat the kadai for 10 minutes over a low flame. After 10 minutes, place the cake tin and bake the cake for 60 to 65 minutes over a low flame. (or bake the cake in preheated oven at 180 degree celsius or 350 degree fahrenheit for 60 to 65 minutes.)
- To check the cake has baked completely, always insert a toothpick at the centre and see if it comes out clean. Else bake for 5 more minutes.
- Unmold and cool on a rack.
- Serve the apple cake cake warm or when cooled with tea or coffee.
- Since we are topping with some apple slices, while baking, the centre part will have a curvy shape upon the weight of the apple.