Raw Banana | Plantain Stir Fry-- தமிழ் மொழிபெயர்ப்பு விரைவில்
If you don’t have raw plantains, you can use raw bananas for the same recipe. I removed the outer skin of the raw plantains. However, some people like to cook it with the skin. Let’s see the recipe.
தேவையான பொருட்கள் :
- 2 big raw plantain
- 1/4 தேக்கரண்டி மஞ்சள் தூள்
- 5 or 6 nos diced shallots
- 4 pods minced/crushed garlic
- 1 tsp red chilly flakes
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- a sprig of curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- உப்பு - தேவையான அளவு
- Trim the edges and lightly peel the thick outer skin of the plantain.
- Dice it into small cubes. Soak it in water for five minutes and then wash it in several changes of water. This will remove the stickiness.
- Boil the plantain pieces in plenty of water along with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste until soft. It may take 7-8 minutes for the pieces to get cooked.
- Drain excess water and keep it aside. (You can also cover and cook the plantain with very little water but it may end up mushy. I prefer boiling it in plenty of water and then draining it.)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Saute shallots, curry leaves, and garlic until the shallots begin to lightly brown.
- Add the cooked plantain pieces to the skillet. Followed by 1/2 tsp red chilly powder, 1 tsp red chilly flakes & salt as required. Mix everything and then spread it out as much as possible.
- Allow the plantain pieces to lightly brown on the edges, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 tsp black pepper powder and give it a nice mix.
- Finally, drizzle 1 tsp of coconut oil to coat the pieces.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice.