கடலை சட்னி | நிலக்கடலை சட்னி செய்முறை | with step by step photos & video. A simple mild and nut-based chutney side dish that can be served for breakfast items like dosa and idli. Typically prepared just with roasted peanuts or groundnuts, however, it tastes great with the combination of both.
There are several variations to this peanut-based chutney and the recipe varies from region to region.
Typically peanuts are roasted with out oil and then grounded to fine paste with dry red chillies, garlic, tamarind/lemon juice(for sourness), grated coconut (with/without) and salt. Later it is diluted with water based on the consistency & tempered with mustard, fresh curry leaves & urad dal.
How to make ground Peanut Chutney | Groundnut Chutney Recipe?
கடலை சட்னி | நிலக்கடலை சட்னி செய்முறை | with step by step photos & video. Firstly, roast the raw peanuts with no oil or till it starts shedding its skin. In my recipe, I had added tamarind for a balance of spicy and sour taste. However, adding tamarind is completely optional and can be easily skipped. Finally, dilute the chutney by adding water to a consistency of your choice.
Some people like to have peanut chutney without adding coconut while grinding. In this version of the peanut chutney recipe, I am adding coconut. I will share with you later another version of peanut chutney without coconut.
மேலும், எனது பிற சமையல் சேகரிப்பைப் பார்வையிடவும்,
கடலை சட்னி | நிலக்கடலை சட்னி செய்முறைCourse: காலை உணவுCuisine: இந்தியன்Difficulty: சுலபம்
Peanut Chutney | Easy Groundnut Chutney Recipe | | with step by step photos & video. A simple mild and nut-based chutney side dish that can be served for breakfast items like dosa and idli.
1/4 cup roasted & de-husked peanuts
2tbsp grated coconut
1 or 2 dried red chilies
1 small garlic clove
small piece tamarind
உப்பு - தேவையான அளவு
water as needed
- தாளிக்க :
1/4tsp urad dal
1/2tsp mustard seeds
dried red chilies
1 or 2 tsp oil
- Add in coconut, roasted peanuts, garlic, clove, tamarind red chilies & salt in a blender.
- Blend it to a smooth consistency adding 1/4 cup water, or as required.
- Once blended transfer to a bowl.
- தாளிக்க :
- Heat 1 or 2tsp oil in a kadai.
- Add in 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp urad dal, 1 dried red chili and few curry leaves.
- Allow the tempering to splutter.
- finally, pour the tempering over peanut chutney and serve along with idli or dosa.
- Do not add water at a time while blending chutney, add little by little.