Small Batch Homemade Strawberry Jam | Homemade Jam without Pectin | with step by step photos and video. A classic recipe for strawberry jam without pectin, made with ripe, aromatic strawberries at the height of their season. This is the ultimate way to preserve the berries so that they can be enjoyed throughout the coming months.
This homemade jam recipe uses just strawberries, and sugar, & takes less than 30 minutes to be prepared. A perfect recipe when you don’t need 50 jars but you do need a little jam. Homemade is always better, and this recipe is no exception!
You may feel that jam is difficult to make. Let me assure you that it is not. I will show you how to do it with step-by-step instructions. You just need to invest a little of your time; when you finish and see your own produce lined up, you will know that it was time well spent.
How long will the homemade strawberry jam last?
If you follow the recipe instructions precisely and your jars are thoroughly sterilised, the Strawberry Jam should be shelf-stable for a year, possibly longer. When you open a jar, store it in the fridge. Moreover, do use a clean and moist-free spoon to take out the jam from the jar.
Can I leave out the lemon?
If you are using some unripe strawberries, you can eliminate lemon juice. In other cases, lemon plays an important role in jam-making. It is high in pectin. The lemon juice provides the necessary boost to aid in setting the jam. Further, the acidity of the lemon helps balance the sweetness.
What is pectin and why is it important?
Pectin is a naturally occurring starch that is found in varying degrees in fruits and vegetables. It is what makes jams and jellies firm when they are cool. When combined with acid and sugar, and cooked to a high temperature, it forms a gel.
How to make small batch strawberry jam?
Small Batch Homemade Strawberry Jam | Homemade Jam without Pectin | with step by step photos and video. This homemade jam recipe uses just strawberries and, sugar, takes less than 20 minutes – and will net you 1 jar of jam, to store in the fridge. This recipe uses just small amount of fresh and ripe strawberries and needs no pectin to set. Sugar is important for the jam to set. The amount of sugar is important!
Just 2 Ingredients. Nothing fancy, and nothing you can’t pronounce. Moreover, you can add lemon zest & lemon juice as well. You can, of course, skip that part.
Ingredients in Strawberry Jam:
Strawberries – use fresh & ripe berries in good condition, ideally with 2 to 3 slightly unripe berries as they will contain more pectin.
Sugar – regular granulated sugar is best.
மேலும் எங்கள் தென்னிந்திய சிறப்பு காலை உணவு வகைகளுடன் நன்றாக இருக்கும்..
Step by Step Images
சிறிய அளவில் ஸ்ட்ராபெரி ஜாம்Course: இனிப்பு வகைகள்Cuisine: சர்வதேசDifficulty: சுலபம்
Small Batch Homemade Strawberry Jam | Homemade Jam without Pectin | with step by step photos and video. A classic recipe for strawberry jam without pectin, made with ripe, aromatic strawberries at the height of their season.
செய்முறை விளக்க வீடியோ
250 gm Fresh & Ripe Strawberries
100 gm sugar
- Wash and thoroughly dry strawberries.
- Remove the green stem from the strawberry and cut them in small pieces.
- Add the diced fruits along with 100gm sugar to a pan.
- Turn the heat and stir continually over medium heat for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, begin to check for the setting point. Your jam will likely take between 10 to 20 minutes, but it will depend on the width of your saucepan and how rapidly the jam is boiling.
- Now switch off the flame.
- Carefully, ladle the jam into a clean and moist free jar.
- Allow the jam to cool completely. Wipe the jars to remove any spills, and store the jam in a cool, dark place.
- Do not use a metal spoon, it will become very hot. A long-handled wooden spoon is important to avoid being burnt by a splash from boiling jam.