Crispy Gobi 65 | Dry Cauliflower fry | with step by step pics & video | Vegan snack recipe. Gobi 65 is a tasty starter snack of fried cauliflower florets.
It is a well-known starter or snack recipe pretty popular in Southern India. This starter is a deep-fried recipe made with cauliflower florets mixed in Indian spices.
How to make dry and crispy gobi 65?
Crispy Gobi 65 | Dry Cauliflower fry | with step by step pics & video | Vegan snack recipe. This version I am preparing here is a dry version of gobi-65 excluding all sauces. I am deep-frying them. If you prefer, shallow fry them in less oil. The recipe I am sharing is not very spicy.
The florets have to be cut in small to medium sizes. Firstly we have to blanch the florets in hot water for 15-20minutes. Drain off & mix it with spices. I am adding Kashmiri chilly paste here. You can add Kashmiri chili powder instead. Let it rest for 30min. Then deep-fry or shallow fry them. Once fried, toss them in a curd sauce. This tossing is completely optional.
Furthermore, I would like to highlight our other recipes.
Dry Gobi 65Course: Appetizers, SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Dry Gobi 65 | Crispy Cauliflower fry | with step by step pics & video | Vegan snack recipe | Gobi 65 is a tasty starter snack of fried cauliflower florets.
2 cups cauliflower florets (small to medium cut)
2-3cups of hot water
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
1tsp Kashmiri chili paste
1tsp chopped curry leaves
1tbsp thick curd
1/4tsp turmeric powder
1/2tsp garam masala
1/2tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
1tbsp rice flour
1/2tbsp maida/all-purpose flour
oil for frying
- For Tempering
1 no chopped green chili
1tsp finely chopped garlic
1tbsp finely chopped onion
1tsp finely chopped ginger
1tsp thick curd
a pinch of salt
- Blanching the Cauliflower
- Cut cauliflower florets into small to medium size. Take 2 cups of florets in a bowl.
- Rinse them very well and keep in a bowl. If you chop in small florets, then the fried cauliflower becomes crisper as compared to medium or large florets.
- Now blanch them in hot water for 15 to 20minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain off the water. Let us prepare for the marination.
- To the blanched cauliflower, add in 1tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1tsp Kashmir chilly paste, 1tsp chopped curry leaves, 1tbsp thick curd, 1/4tsp turmeric powder, 1/2tsp garam masala powder, 1/2tsp coriander powder & salt as required.
- Mix well.
- Now add in 1 tbsp cornflour, 1tbsp rice flour & 1/2tbsp maida to the mix.
- Combine this well & check for seasoning once again.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes at least.
- Frying the Marinated Florets
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- When the oil becomes medium hot, add-in the marinated cauliflower florets one by one in the hot oil.
- Fry one side and when it becomes crisp, turn over and fry the other side.
- Fry them evenly, till they are golden and crisp. Fry them in batches.
- Remove the fried cauliflower florets and place them on kitchen paper towels to absorb extra oil.
- Tempering for Gobi 65
- Heat 1tsp oil in a kadai. Temper 1tsp finely chopped ginger, 1no finely chopped green chilly, 1tsp finely chopped garlic, 1tbsp onion.
- Finally, add in 1tsp thick curd & salt as per taste. Mix well.
- Add the fried cauliflower florets & switch off the flame.
- Toss and stir the whole mixture.
- Delicious Gobi 65 is ready to be served.
- If you chop in small florets, then the fried cauliflower becomes crisper as compared to medium or large florets.
- My Kashmiri chilly paste has a slightly hot flavor, If yours does not have hotness, add in 1tsp normal chili powder.