Vegetable Beetroot Cutlet Recipe | Using Raw Banana & Beetroot | with step by step photos & videos. Simple, easy, healthy & delicious snack recipe. Cutlets are always ideal for an evening snack. They go really well with a cup of masala tea.
Popular Indian snacks are made by combining different vegetables, carrots, beetroot, potatoes, paneer, and everyday spice powders. Further shaped into round or cylinders, dipped into a flour paste & deep fried.
How to make Vegetable Beetroot Cutlet Recipe?
Vegetable Beetroot Cutlet Recipe | Using Raw Banana | with step by step photos & videos. A popular deep-fried snack or patties made from a choice of boiled and mushy vegetables. Thus making it a healthy, nutritional snack recipe. Moreover, the veg cutlet recipe is an ideal recipe for those stubborn kids who hesitate or do not prefer to have vegetables in their meal. The color and texture of this beetroot banana cutlet make it appealing and irresistible for kids.
In addition, I would like to highlight our other snack recipes also. Hope you would like them.
Vegetable Beetroot Cutlet RecipeCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 raw banana
1 beetroot grated
2 to 3 green chilies
1/2 tsp ginger
2 tbsp coriander leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp maida/all-purpose flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp besan flour
salt as required
1 onion finely chopped
oil for deep frying
6 to 8 raisins
Vegetable Beetroot Cutlet Recipe | Using Raw Banana & Beetroot | with step by step photos & videos. Simple, easy, healthy & delicious snack recipe
- Firstly let us steam cook a raw banana & a big potato. For that cut the raw banana & potato into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Once it is well-cooked, remove it from the steam & allow it to cool down.
- Peel off the skin from the cooked veggies & grate it into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 large or 2 small grated beetroot into the veggie mix.
- Followed by, 1 onion finely chopped, 2-3 green chilies finely chopped, 1tbsp ginger finely chopped & 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped.
- Then add in the masala powders one by one: ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp chili powder, & ½ tsp cumin powder.
- Add salt as required & mix the ingredients well.
- Lastly, add 1 tbsp besan/chickpea flour. Combine well & keep aside.
- Coating & Frying
- Now let us make a maida paste to dip the cutlets & fry.
- For preparing the maida paste, mix 1 tbsp maida with some water. Mix it & form like a paste.
- Now pinch a lemon sized ball from the veggie mix. Keep a raisin at the center & roll into a ball shape.
- Dip these balls one by one into the maida paste & coat with bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil. stir occasionally & fry until the cutlet turns golden and crisp.
- Our beetroot cutlets are ready to be served.