Crispy French Fries | Finger Chips | Fast and Instant Fries | with step by step photos and video. Basically, a deep-fried chip prepared from thick-cut potatoes. This recipe is easy to make ahead of time.
French fries, one of the most popular side dishes in the world. When it comes to dipping, fries often find themselves covered in ketchup or mayonnaise. The origins of the French fry have been traced back to Belgium, where historians claim potatoes were being fried in the late-1600s.
We had already shared with you a French fries recipe which takes double frying. Want to know the secret on how to making French fries super crispy? Starch and moisture removal
- How do you remove starch from potatoes? – wash them in water twice or thrice until the water is left clean.
How to make crispy French fries?
Crispy French Fries | Finger Chips | Fast and Instant Fries | with step by step photos and video. In this recipe, firstly, we peel off the potatoes, slice them and wash them under running water until the water is clear. Strain and blanch them for 2 to 3 minutes in salt water for half-cooking. The crispness for this recipe requires 2 to 3 tbsp of corn flour. Mix it well and fry them over medium flame until it turns golden brown in color.
Crispy French Fries | Finger ChipsCourse: SnacksCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Crispy French Fries | Finger Chips | Fast and Instant Fries | with step by step photos and video. Basically, a deep-fried chip prepared from thick-cut potatoes.
4 Big-sized Potatoes
2 tbsp Salt or salt as required
Water as needed
3 to 4 tbsp Corn-Flour
Oil for frying
- Firstly, peel the potatoes ,wash them. Then make horizontal thick slices further begin to cut them vertically in sticks having approximately 1 cm width.
- Wash the potato slices in running water until the water becomes clean.
- Strain and drain it.
- Boil 1 liter of water and add 2 tbsp salt or salt as required. Blanch the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes over high flame.
- Drain the potatoes using a strainer.
- Transfer the drained potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp corn flour. Mix and coat the potatoes well with the corn flour. Dust off the extra flour using a colander or strainer.
- Now heat some oil in a pan for deep frying the potatoes.
- Then deep fry the potatoes in batches, directly in low-medium hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until it turns golden brown in color.
- Remove and drain off the hot oil.
- Finally, serve hot with dips of your choice. Crispy golden crust with a perfect cooked inside.
- Do wash the potatoes until the starch goes off for a crispy fries.