Beef Coconut Fry Recipe -- தமிழ் மொழிபெயர்ப்பு விரைவில்
In Kerala, it is called beef ularthiyathu. A delicious appetizer or a great side-dish with rice/chapathi/parotta. I am far sure it will be a favorite dish of all who had tasted it. It can be served as a main course dish also.
Beef Coconut Fry Recipe | with step by step description photos & video. All the Malayalees around the world love the combination of beef and parotta. I too love it. Kerala Style Beef Roast is neither a curry nor a fry but in between. Cook the marinated beef then slow roast it in spicy masala with coconut pieces and curry leaves.
Furthermore do see another version of Kerala style beef roast without coconut pieces.
தேவையான பொருட்கள் :
- 1/2 kg beef
- 1 cup shallots crushed
- 1tbsp ginger crushed
- 1tbsp garlic crushed
- 6 to 7 dried red chillies crushed
- 1/2 தேக்கரண்டி மஞ்சள் தூள்
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp vinegar
- தேவைக்கேற்ப உப்பு
- ¾ cup thengakothu / Small square size coconut pieces
- 1 தேக்கரண்டி மிளகு தூள்
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- கறிவேப்பிலை 3 முளைகள்
- Marinate the cleaned beef pieces with ingredients listed under marination. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Add this to a pressure cooker and cook until beef is done. Do not add water as it will ooze out water. Don’t overcook it.
- If there is excess water, cook till the water has almost dried up.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan and fry the coconut pieces until it becomes golden brown color. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan add remaining oil and add lots of curry leaves. Fry it.
- Add the cooked beef and fried coconut pieces to it.
- Add 1tsp pepper powder and fennel powder while frying in between as it enhances the flavor.
- Stir it well. Cook on low flame for around 15 – 20 minutes. If required, add oil in between and check for salt taste too.
- Stir it until it becomes black in color. (it takes little time to change color)