Blue Vanilla Lemonade | Refreshing Mojito | Summer Drink | with step by step photos and video. An orange flavored lemonade in blue color. Summer is here and it is time to celebrate with this refreshing drink.
This drink reminded me of the crystal blue waters of a pool and is beyond refreshing. Drink is a way similar to the refreshing and sparkling variants known to be KFC Krushers or KFC Sparklers.
What is a Lemonade?
A sweetened lemon-flavored beverage. Moreover, there are varieties of lemonade found throughout the world. Traditionally, a homemade drink made using lemon juice, water, and a sweetener such as cane sugar, simple syrup or honey.
How to make the syrup for the drink?
Heat sugar, water, a small cinnamon stick, orange zest and fresh lime juice in a saucepan. Once the sugar has dissolved in the water add a drop of blue color. Remove from heat and let the zest seep in the simple syrup for several minutes, then strain out the zest. You can store this syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later uses.
How to make Blue Vanilla Lemonade using the homemade syrup?
Blue Vanilla Lemonade | Refreshing Mojito | Summer Drink | with step by step photos and video. Any party or gathering is incomplete without a drink. This light blue colour drink is perfect for summer parties. This recipe uses a syrup which is made using the orange zest and lemon juice. This adds a lovely citrus flavour to your favorite mojito because it is infused with citrus peels. The blue color added in the recipe gives you a refreshing feel, which can be completely optional. Further, for more intense citrus flavor, you can grate the zest from one fresh lemon as well. For the mojito, fill 1/4 th of the glass with the homemade syrup and remaining glass with soda.
Blue Vanilla LemonadeCourse: DrinksCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Blue Vanilla Lemonade | Refreshing Mojito | Summer Drink | with step by step photos and video. An orange flavored lemonade in blue color.
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Water
1 tbsp Orange zest
4 tbsp Lemon Juice
1″ inch Cinnamon Stick
1 to 2 drops of Blue Food Color
Ice Cubes as required
Few mint leaves and lemon slice for garnishing
Soda Water as Required
- Firstly, grate an orange and collect 1 tbsp orange zest.
- Now in a pan add 1 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of water. Once the water starts to boil, add 1″ inch cinnamon stick, 1 tbsp orange zest and 4 tbsp orange juice. Mix well.
- Allow it to boil for 1 minutes. Then switch off the flame and add 1 to 2 drops of blue food color.
- Remove from the stove top and let the zest seep in the simple syrup for several minutes.
- Once it is cooled, then strain out the zest and collect the syrup. Blue syrup is ready.
- Take a glass, add few ice cubes and some mint leaves.
- Now pour 1/4 of the glass with the blue syrup.
- Fill the remaining glass with the soda water.
- Mix well and garnish it with a lemon slice.
- For more intense citrus flavor, you can add lemon zest too.
- Based on your preferences of sweet you can add or reduce the amount of sugar.