Easy Marble Cake | Zebra Cake Recipe | with video. I had already done a post on eggless|ovenless marble cake using kadai. Today I am going to share with you how to do this marble cake in a sauce pan with video & subtitles.
The batter is mixed in such way that there are 2 distinct colors clearly visible overlapping each other. Once baked this recipe gives a zebra-like appearance with 2 distinct colors from chocolate and vanilla cake batter.
Today we are going to do this recipe without using egg / butter/ beater.
I request you to kindly check our other detailed cake recipe video on bakery style marble cake:
Easy Marble Cake in Saucepan | Zebra Cake RecipeCourse: BakesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Easy Marble Cake in Saucepan | Zebra Cake Recipe
2 cups all purpose flour/Maida
11/2cup powdered sugar
11/2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla essence
2tbsp cocoa powder/chocolate
- We are making our cake in a saucepan, so let us grease the saucepan with oil on all sides around. Then keep a butter paper & brush it with oil. (butter paper is optional). Keep this pan aside and let us start making the cake batter.
- Preparing Cake batter
- For preparing the batter, let us take a large bowl & start adding in 11/2 cups of powdered sugar, 6tbsp oil/butter, 11/4cup milk at room temperature & 1tap vanilla essence.
- Use a spoon or a whisk, mix all the ingredients well & keep it aside.
- Further, mix all the dry ingredients, 2 cups of maida, 11/2tsp baking powder & 1/4tsp baking soda & sieve it into the wet ingredient mix.
- Now combine both the mixtures well into a smooth batter, using a whisk without forming any lumps.
- Once done divide the batter into 2 parts.
- For making chocolate batter
- Take 2 tbsp cocoa powder & 2 tbsp milk in a bowl. Mix it well without any lumps.
- Now pour one part of batter into this cocoa mix & mix well.
- Both batters are ready.
- For Marble cake Batter
- Now Scoop 5 to 6 tbsp chocolate batter into the saucepan.
- On top of the chocolate, batter pour 5 to 6 tbsp of vanilla batter.
- Alternatively, add chocolate and vanilla cake batter, by reducing the amount of batter in each step, allowing to spread naturally.
- If you are using cake tin instead of saucepan use an 8inch cake pan.
- Using a toothpick, give a swirl to get a nice design without disturbing the layers.
- Now cover the saucepan using a foil paper. Put holes on the foil paper to let the air escape.
- Finally, cover the saucepan with a heavy lid.
- Heat the tawa in high flame & reduce the flame to low.
- Now keep the sauce pan on the tawa & bake for 20 to 40 min.
- To test if the cake is done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before unmoulding.
- Our yummy, soft & delicious cake is ready to be served now.