Whole Wheat Orange Cookies | Eggless Cookie Recipe | with step by step photos and video. These soft, buttery orange cookies are made from scratch, flavored with orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice. They’re perfectly sweet and have hints of orange juice and zest in every bite.
The biggest problem I hear is: My cookies spread too much! Why?
A common problem when making cookies is that they flatten out way too much! It is because of the butter we use. This recipe calls for softened butter, not melted butter. The best way to get softened butter is to plan ahead. A couple of hours before you make these cookies set 1/2 cup of butter on the counter. As it sits there is will soften.
But if you are in a hurry, you can microwave butter to soften it instead. Microwave in 5-second intervals rotating your cube of butter each time. Please use caution when softening this way. It can easily go from solid to melted in seconds! And in turn, your cookies will spread way too much.
How to make whole wheat orange cookies?
Whole Wheat Orange Cookies | Eggless Cookie Recipe | with step by step photos and video. When it comes to choosing flavors, I normally choose orange after chocolate. For today I have some whole wheat orange cookies which are so easy to make. These cookies are very fast and easy to make when you want to whip up something sweet for the kids.
A simple bake, that is ready in minutes, making them a perfect teatime treat. For a perfect taste add orange zest in this recipe. The baking time varies form 15 to 20 minutes. Moreover, if using granulated sugar, then powder it and use. In India, generally granulated white sugar has large crystals and they won’t dissolve when whipping butter. Do check out how to make icing and powdered sugar from granulated sugar.
If the cookies are not getting golden, this means your oven is slow in heating. Bake for some more minutes than the time specified in the recipe.
In addition I would like to highlight our other tea time snacks and bakes recipes also. Hope you would like them.
Whole Wheat Orange CookiesCourse: Cookies, SnacksCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Whole Wheat Orange Cookies | Eggless Cookie Recipe video. These soft, buttery orange cookies are made from scratch, flavored with orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice.
1/4 cup Softened Butter
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1 drop Orange Color
1 tbsp Orange Zest
1 cup Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Orange Juice
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Squeeze juice from an orange & keep aside.
- Firstly, in a bowl add 1/4 cup of softened butter followed by 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 drop of orange color.
- Whisk until butter changes its color & becomes fluffy in texture.
- Mix in 1 tbsp orange zest.
- Sift in 1 cup Wheat Flour, 1 tsp Baking Powder and 1/8 tsp Salt.
- Mix till you get a bread crumb-like texture in the mixture and hods shape.
- Start forming a dough by using orange juice in intervals.
- Soft dough is ready.
- Scoop 1 tbsp dough. Roll & flatten it by pressing between our palms.
- Mark shapes using a knife. Make a hole by pressing in the centre & place a red cherry in the middle.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until you see barely golden brown on the edges. Temperatures vary from oven to oven, so do keep a check whilst the cookies are baking.
- Remove and allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Delicious Cookies are ready.
- Use powdered or icing sugar instead of granulated sugar to combine well.
- Use unsalted butter at room temperature.
- Temperatures vary from oven to oven, so do keep a check whilst the cookies are baking.