Vegetable Pulao Recipe | Rice dish prepared by cooking rice with vegetables & spices. Also known as Veg Pulav, Indian Pulao or Vegetable Pulao, this North Indian dish is very simple and easy to make and pairs perfectly with any raita or curry of your choice and is very tasty.
There are many variations and flavored pulao recipes, but this is a basic one made with a combination of veggies. Use good quality Basmati rice. Because basmati rice has long grains and is very fragrant once cooked. Using basmati rice is a perfect combination for this recipe. But other rice-like sonamasuri or jeerakasala rice can also be used with the same process.
How to make Vegetable Pulao?
Vegetable Pulao Recipe | A perfect meal for lunch or dinner and can be served with raita or any curry. A simple recipe where rice and vegetables are sauteed together and then boiled or pressure cooked with water till the rice is fragrant, fluffy, and cooked through. It’s a one-pot dish. You can choose the vegetables that you want to add in the pulao. You can also add corn kernels or baby corn, broccoli, capsicum, etc.
Vegetable Pulao RecipeCourse: VegCuisine: IndianDifficulty: easy
Vegetable Pulao Recipe | Rice dish prepared by cooking rice with vegetables & spices.
2 tbsp ghee
3 pods cardamom
1 bay leaf
1 onion, sliced
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 chilies, slit
1 potato sliced into cubes
3 tbsp green peas / matar
1 carrot sliced into cubes
5 French Beans chopped
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
½ tsp garam masala
1 tsp salt
1 cup basmati rice, soaked 20 minutes
2 cup of water
1 tsp lemon juice
- Soak 1 cup of basmati rice for 20 minutes. Strain it & keep it aside.
- In a large kadai, heat 2 tbsp ghee and saute 1-star anise, 1-inch cinnamon, 2 cloves, 3 pods cardamom, 1 bay leaf and 10 cashews.
- Then saute 1 onion followed by 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and 2 chilies.
- Then add the veggies & saute for 2 minutes.
- Furthermore, add 1 cup basmati rice (soaked for 20 minutes) and saute gently.
- now add 2 cups of water, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp garam masala, required salt and stir well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles or till the rice gets cooked completely.
- Finally, serve eg pulao along with onion raita.