Tutti Frutti Recipe | Homemade Tutty Fruiti | with step by step description, photos & video. Tutti frutti, a colorful combination of chopped and candied fruits used in cake decoration and ice creams. A sweet and colorful confectionery candied fruit mainly prepared from raw papaya or from the choice of berries.
Generally, these candied fruits come in bright red color, green and yellow color. You can use any food color which is available with you for making tutti fruity.
How to make homemade tutti frutti recipe?
Tutti Frutti Recipe | Homemade Tutty Fruiti | with step by step description, photos & video. Instead of using the food colors, you can use natural colors like saffron, turmeric, or even beetroot juice for making tutti frutti. It’s better to cut the raw papaya into cubes of almost the same size.
It was clueless for me until I saw this recipe of tutti frutti. I was not aware we can make tutti frutti from raw papaya. In other countries, they use berries instead of raw papaya. This papaya, semi-cooked in water & then cooked along with the sugar syrup. I am using 3 food colors here: green, orange & yellow.
Lastly, do make sure to, refrigerate and store these in an airtight container or zip-lock bags for longer shelf life.
Furthermore do kindly checkout our other sweet or dessert recipes too. Hope you would love them.
Tutti Frutti Recipe | Home madeCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Intermediate
Tutti Frutti Recipe | Homemade Tutty Fruiti | with step by step description, photos & video. A sweet and colorful confectionery candied fruit mainly prepared from raw papaya or from the choice of berries.
2 1/2 cup raw papaya
1 cup of sugar
4 cups of water + 1 cup of water
food colors of your choice: orange, green & yellow food colors
- Firstly, take raw papaya and peel the skin of it.
- Cut the papaya into 2 parts & deseed. I am taking only half of this papaya.
- Cut them into small cubes, almost similar size.
- Boil the papaya cubes in 4 cups of water for 5 to7 minutes.
- Cook until the papaya cubes turn into semi-transparent.
- Drain off the water and keep aside.
- Now for making sugar syrup, take 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
- Further, when it reaches the boiling point, add the semi-cooked raw papaya cubes and stir.
- Boil for 15 minutes stirring in between.
- Make sure to check for 1 string consistency of sugar syrup and papaya to turn soft yet retain its shape.
- Turn off the flame & divide the cooked papaya cubes into 3 parts draining the sugar syrup.
- Add 4 drops of orange, yellow and green food color to each part and mix well.
- Allow soaking for 30minutes making sure the papaya absorbs all the color.
- Now drain off the sugar syrup and allow them to dry over tissue or any kitchen towel.
- Once the tutti-frutti dries off completely it will not be sticky. Mix them together.
- Finally, tutti frutti is ready to consume immediately or refrigerate for later use.