The Perfect Chocolate Ganache Recipe | Using 2 ingredients | with step-by-step photos, description and video. Use this as your complete guide for making homemade chocolate ganache. Chocolate ganache is a 2-ingredient recipe with virtually endless uses.
What is Chocolate Ganache?
A basic chocolate ganache is made by heating up cream and pouring it over chocolate. The heat from the cream melts the chocolate. The two ingredients are then stirred until smooth. Sometimes other flavorings are added. Butter or corn syrup can also be added to make the ganache extra shiny.
Chocolate ganache is a 1:1 mixture of chocolate and warm cream. Stirred until smooth, silky, and shiny, ganache is a staple in any baker’s kitchen. It’s not only easy and quick, but it’s also uniquely versatile. Moreover, it can be a filling, dip, spread, frosting, topping, or layer in a cake. The uses are virtually endless!
2 Ingredients in Chocolate Ganache
- Heavy Cream or Heavy Whipping Cream: Do not use half-and-half, whole milk, or any other liquid because the ganache won’t set up properly.
- Pure Chocolate: Chocolate chips will take more time to melt & blend in. So better chop the chocolate. For traditional chocolate ganache, I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate. This is the most commonly found chocolate in the baking aisle. Semi-sweet chocolate contains 35–45% cacao and is usually sweeter than bittersweet or dark varieties and darker than milk chocolate and white chocolate. If you like it a little darker, bittersweet chocolate (60% cacao) also makes an excellent ganache.
How to make the perfect chocolate ganache recipe?
The Perfect Chocolate Ganache Recipe | Using 2 ingredients | with step-by-step photos, description and video. When making homemade ganache, you need a 1:1 ratio of cream to chocolate. A basic chocolate ganache is made by heating up the cream and pouring it over the chocolate. The heat from the cream melts the chocolate. Whisk the mixture until smooth, the chocolate ganache is ready.
After you stir the chocolate and warm cream together, use the ganache right away as a fruit dip or drizzle on top of cakes, cupcakes, pound cakes, ice cream, and more. But if you wait about 2 hours and let it cool completely, the ganache can be scooped with a spoon, spread onto desserts, or piped with piping tips.
Further, I would like to highlight my moist chocolate cupcake with butter cream frosting and moist chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache frosting, in addition to our trending White Chocolate Ganache & Frosting recipe too.
The Perfect Chocolate Ganache RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
The Perfect Chocolate Ganache Recipe | Using 2 ingredients | with step-by-step photos, description and video. Use this as your complete guide for making homemade chocolate ganache.
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips/ Chopped Chocolate
1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- Place 1/2 cup chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate into a heat-proof glass or metal bowl.
- Heat 1/2 cup cream on the stovetop until just simmering. If it’s boiling, the cream is too hot and could separate or even burn the chocolate. Once you see little simmers around the edges, turn off the heat and immediately pour the warm cream over the chocolate.
- Let it 2 sit for a few minutes before stirring.
- Stir slowly until smooth & lump free.
- Ganache is ready here.
- For the best-tasting ganache, I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate.
- Make sure not to overheat the cream, it could separate or even burn the chocolate.