Need a Chai break…
A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.-Eleanor Roosevelt.
I am a tea person too but I love my ginger tea only:) It is a comfort drink to me.Tea is an aromatic beverage.Its flavor and taste differs with respect to the leaves we select.
Masala Tea Recipe | Indian Masala Chai
I think there would be at least one single person in each Indian family who has an addiction to masala tea or even just chai without any spices. Its full of spices like ginger, clove, cardamom and pepper which are really good for our health.
Today I am going to share with you a special tea recipe, especially for tea lovers.
Masala chai is a flavored tea beverage made by brewing milk tea with a mixture of aromatic Indian spices and herbs, loved by all tea lovers.
Masala ChaiCourse: Beverages, Hot DrinksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
1 small stick cinnamon
4nos Whole pepper
Small piece of ginger
2tsp tea powder
1cup of water
11/2cup full fat milk
Sugar as required
- First of all let us take all spices required for making masala chai: 2 cardamons, 2cloves, a small cinnamon stick, 4 nos of pepper corns & a small piece of ginger.(Using spices depends on peoples taste, so if you want to omit any spices it depends on you).
- Let us ground these spices coarsely using a blender or in a mortar pestle.
- Put the crushed spices in a tea pan followed by 2tsps of tea powder. (For 2 glass of tea I am taking 2tsps of tea powder)
- Then add in 1 cup of water & boil the water in spices for 2minutes.
- Now add 11/2cup full fat milk & sugar (based on your sweetness taste.)
- Then boil the milk & let all spices get blended inside the chai.
- Once boiled switch off the flame & strain our masala chai.
- Using spices depends on peoples taste, so if you want to omit any spices it depends on you.
Ginger tea is a very common Indian beverage made from tea leaves and fresh ginger. The aroma, flavor and taste of ginger is something we are extremely fond of in our tea. Ginger also has a lot of health benefits. Let us see how to make ginger tea.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 inch ginger, grated/crushed
- 2 pods cardamom crushed
- 3 tsp tea powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- In a saucepan take 2 cups of water.
- Add 1 inch crushed ginger, 2 pods cardamom crushed.
- Get it to a boil.
- Now add 3 tsp tea powder and boil for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Pour in 1cup milk and 2 tsp sugar.
- Boil for 2 minutes until the flavors are combined. Do not over boil after adding milk.
- Strain the tea using a tea strainer.
- Enjoy your ginger tea.