Tandoori Chicken With Mint Chutney | How to make tandoori in a frying pan | with step by step photos and video. An iconic restaurant style smoky grilled chicken appetiser dish known for it’s authentic taste.This is definitely going to become one of the your favourite chicken recipes.
The name comes from the cylindrical clay oven, or tandoor, in which the dish is traditionally prepared.
Tandoori Chicken & It’s Origin
A chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken marinated in yogurt and spices in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven. The dish originated from the Indian subcontinent is popular in many other parts of the world. The raw chicken is marinated in a mixture of dahi (yogurt) and tandoori masala, a spice blend, which is further seasoned and colored with cayenne pepper, red chili powder, or Kashmiri red chili powder as well as turmeric or food coloring. Moreover, the skin is generally removed before the chicken is marinated and roasted.
How to make tandoori chicken and mint chutney?
Tandoori Chicken With Mint Chutney | How to make tandoori in a frying pan | with step by step photos and video. A Perfect Weeknight Meal. The recipe shared here shows how to use a frying pan to make this delicious chicken fry. This recipe is known for its smokey smell. Using a gas stove here we had shown you how to get that smokey smell for the chicken pieces. The pieces are marinated and cooked on the gas top.
The chicken will release water if you cook them over a low flame. So firstly, you have to cook the chicken over a high flame which seals off the chicken’s outer part. Once the outer part is fried then cover & cook them over a low flame. Following this method of cooking yields you perfection in cooking. Further the chicken is smoked in flame for the perfect tandoori effect.
In addition, the recipe covers a highly flavored mint chutney that is available with the tandoori always.
Further, I would like to suggest you some tips. Firstly, while selecting chicken pieces, you can choose either boneless or with bone. But using bone chicken yields you more taste. Secondly, marinate the chicken for a minimum of 2 hrs. If you would like to use an oven for the recipe, preheat the oven at 260 degree or 500F for 10 minutes and cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked then change the mode to broil and broil the chicken for 10 minutes until the outer part turns crispy.
Additionally, I would like to highlight our trending chicken karahi | kadai chicken, juicy chicken 65, spicy duck roast masala, instant pot chicken pulao, and chicken steak grill recipes also. Hope you would love them.
Tandoori Chicken With Mint ChutneyCourse: AppetizersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Tandoori Chicken With Mint Chutney | How to make tandoori in a frying pan | with step by step photos and video. An iconic restaurant style smoky grilled chicken appetiser dish known for it’s authentic taste.
- Tandoori Chicken
1 kg Chicken (thighs and legs )
2 tsp Ginger Paste
2 tsp Garlic Paste
2 tsp + 1 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt as needed
2 tsp Lemon Juice
5 tbsp Curd
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
2 tsp Kasuri Methi
2 tsp Mustard Oil (optional)
11/2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Butter
2 pinches of Chaat Masala (optional)
- Mint Chutney
1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
1/4 cup Mint Leaves
3 Garlic pods
1/2″ inch sized Ginger
1 to 2 Green Chillies
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt as needed
1/4 tsp Sugar(optional)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
7 tbsp Curd
- Tandoori Chicken
- Firstly, wash and clean the chicken pieces. Pat dry them using a kitchen towel or tissue.
- Now make small and equal incisions on all the pieces.
- For the first marination, add 2tsp ginger paste, 2 tsp garlic paste, 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder, 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder, Salt as needed and 2 tsp Lemon Juice.
- Coat them evenly with the marinade.
- Cover the pieces and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let us make a masala paste for the tandoori. For that in a bowl add 1 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder, 5 tbsp thick Curd, 1 tsp Garam Masala, 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder, 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder, 2 tsp Kasuri Methi, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Now mix them well using a fork or whisk.
- Now add 2 tsp mustard oil or vegetable oil and mix them well.
- Now marinade is ready. Let us coat the chicken pieces well in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate them for at least 2 hrs or overnight.
- For cooking chicken, take a flat pan. Heat 11/2 tsp oil and 1 tbsp butter .
- Now add the chicken pieces one by one. Keep the flame over high and fry both the sides of chicken for 1 minute. This helps the chicken to seal off the water from coming out.
- Once the outer parts of chicken are fried, keep the flame over low. Close & cook them for 10 minutes. Flip and fry the other side for another 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from flame.
- For the smokey effect, spread a aluminium sheet above the stove top as shown. Now switch on the burner and smoke the chicken pieces until the chicken outer part looks fried. In between ,brush some butter. Smoke the remaining chicken pieces as such.
- Tandoori chicken is ready. If you like to add chaat masala, sprinkle a pinch of chaat masala at the top of chicken before serving. Now let us make a delicious mint chutney.
- Mint Chutney
- In a mixie jar, add 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves , 1/4 cup Mint Leaves, 3 Garlic pods, 1/2″ inch sized Ginger to 2 Green Chillies, 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds, Salt as needed, 1/4 tsp Sugar(optional), 1 tsp Lemon Juice and 2 tbsp curd. Grind it to a fine paste.
- In a small bowl, whisk 5 tbsp curd into lump free form and add the ground paste. Mix them well.
- Mint curd chutney is ready.
- Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 2 hrs.
- Addition of chaat masala is completely optional.