Coconut Rice | Thenga Sadham -- தமிழ் மொழிபெயர்ப்பு விரைவில்
தேவையான பொருட்கள் :
- Cooked rice 2 cups
- Fresh grated coconut 1 cup
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Channa dal 1/2 tbsp
- Urad dal 2 tsp
- Red chillies 1
- Green chillies 1 slit
- Curry leaves few
- Ginger (finely chopped or slivered ) 1 inch piece
- Hing – a pinch
- Cashew nuts -8-10
- Salt as needed
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds (optional) when it splutters, add channa dal, urad dal and red chillies. (add channa dal first as it will take time to get roasted, then add urad dal )
- When dal changes color slightly, add green chillies, ginger, hing, curry leaves and cashew nuts. Sauté until cashew nuts turn golden brown.
- Add grated coconut and sauté for a few minutes. It is not necessary to fry the grated coconut until it turn brown. Add salt needed and mix well and switch off the heat. Fluff cooked rice with a fork and add it to the prepared coconut mix. Mix the cooked rice well with the coconut.
- Serve with papads or any gravy of your choice.
You mean after baking? if you like more citric flavor add to it.
Can I drizzle lemon juice over it
thank you.. that sounds fun.. Do Take care of your health too sir.. I will try to upload cupcake recipes…
Easy and tasty recipe