Chicken Curry with Coconut -- தமிழ் மொழிபெயர்ப்பு விரைவில்
How to make Chicken Curry with Coconut?
A typical curry from the Indian subcontinent consists of chicken stewed in an onion- and tomato-based sauce, flavored with ginger, garlic, tomato puree, chilly peppers, and a variety of spices. Outside South Asia, curry chicken is often made with a pre-made spice mixture known as curry powder.
In India, this curry differs in style and taste with each and every state. However, some people like it spicy and some with coconut and some without. Furthermore, do visit our other சிக்கன் சமையல் குறிப்புகளை.
தேவையான பொருட்கள் :
- 500gm of chicken pieces, with bone
- 2 -4 pieces of potato slices
- 1.5 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- ¾ tsp of chilly powder (adjust to taste)
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp of Eastern meat or chicken masala
- 2 tbsp of coconut pieces
- sprig of curry leaves
- 2tbsp corriander leaves
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil / sunflower oil
For roasting & grinding
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 2 கிராம்பு
- 2 cardamon pods
- 1″ piece of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of fennel seeds
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions, ginger, and garlic together.
- Meanwhile, dry roast the coconut until golden brown. Switch off heat and add the whole spices : fennel, cloves, cinnamon, cardamon and fresh curry leaves. Mix together so they get some heat from the coconut. Cool and grind to a smooth paste with water. Set aside.
- Once the onions turn a dark brown, add the meat masala, turmeric, and chilly powder and fry for a minute.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute for another minute.
- Add the coconut paste, coconut pieces, potato pieces and washed chicken pieces to the above mixture.
- தேவைக்கேற்ப உப்பு சேர்க்கவும்.
- Mix well so that all chicken is covered with masala.
- Top up with 1 cup water and cook it covered on low flame for about 20 mins or the chicken pieces are cooked soft.
- If the gravy is too thick, you can add more water and bring to boil.
- Add corriander and curry leaves on top & serve.
Thank you…. Your most welcome dear:)
For the first time I got the perfect ghee roast recipe. After trying too many recipes ….. Thank you ❤️
thank you so much… 🙂
Hi dear I tried your recipe for halwa and it’s turned out well and tasted good…