Sweet Corn Veg Soup Recipe | Easy Chinese Corn Soup | with step by step photos & video. A healthy & delicious mixed soup with corn kennels & veggies. A popular soup form the Indo-Chinese Cuisine & very common in our Indian restaurants.
It is a great party starter or party appetizer recipe and can be served just before the meals. In this recipe, I have tried to make it the sweet corn soup recipe thick by grounding a few corn kernels and added back to veggies while cooking them. Furthermore, I added corn starch to make the soup thick. If you do not prefer adding corn starch, you can omit this step.
Sweet Corn Veg Soup Recipe | Easy Chinese Corn Soup | with step by step photos & video. I prefer not to use the tinned corn fennels for this soup recipe. It’s always best to use fresh veggies when you cook instead of using tinned stuff. Finally, I would like to highlight my other soup collection with this sweet corn veg soup.
Sweet Corn Veg Soup RecipeCourse: SoupCuisine: Indo-ChineseDifficulty: easy
Sweet Corn Veg Soup Recipe |Easy Chinese Corn Soup | with step by step photos & video. A healthy & delicious mixed soup with corn kennels & veggies.
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
2 tbsp finely chopped beans
3 tbsp finely chopped carrots
Corn paste (Grind 3 tbsp sweet corn fennels in a blender)
2 tbsp boiled green peas
11/2 cup of water +1 tbsp water
1/2 cup of boiled sweet corn
salt as required
pepper powder as required
2 tbsp corn flour
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan. Followed by 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic. Saute well for 20 seconds.
- Add in 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, 3 tbsp finely chopped carrots, & 2 tbsp finely chopped beans. Saute them well till it gets cooked.
- Meanwhile, let us prepare a corn paste by grinding 3 tbsp corn fennels in a blender without adding water.
- Pour this prepared corn paste along with the veggies & saute for 1min.
- Add 2 tbsp boiled green peas. Mix well.
- Followed by 11/2 cup of water & 1/2 cup of boiled sweet corn. Add salt as required & mix well.
- Pour the prepared cornflour paste into the soup mixture.
- Boil it for 1 minute & you can see the consistency of the soup is getting thickened.
- Now switch off the flame & serve it hot with pepper powder.
- Cornflour Paste
- Mix 2 tbsp of cornflour with 2 tbsp water without any lumps.