Strawberry Chocolate Ice Cream Cake | with step by step photos and video. An easy to make cake recipe using the full cream ice cream available in supermarkets. Basically a simple cake recipe using just 4 to 5 ingredients like full cream ice cream, baking powder, and maida.
Which type of ice cream should and what flavor we should use?
- For this recipe to work out the best, use only full cream ice cream. Low fat or non-dairy ice creams wont work for this recipe.
- I am using chocolate and strawberry flavor here. (This is the ice cream brand I used for this recipe)
Tips and Notes:
- Use any flavoured ice cream but do not use low-fat or dairy-free ice cream.
- I would like to say that while mixing the cake batter, it will be sticky only. So do not worry about it.
- Use whipping cream to taste so yummy.
- Also add food colour, cherries or tutti-fruttis, chocolate chips, fresh fruits or any sprinklers to look attractive.
- If using self-raising flour, no need to add baking powder.
How to make strawberry chocolate Ice cream cake?
Strawberry Chocolate Ice Cream Cake | with step by step photos and video. Easy to make recipe with simple ingredients. This recipe is done oven less. You can do the same recipe in an oven or in a cooker also. If doing in an oven, bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 180D in a preheated oven.This recipe uses full cream ice cream flavors of chocolate and strawberry which is further mixed with maida flour and baking powder.
Further, I added extra sugar apart from the sugar present in the ice cream. If you feel, it is not required, you can leave it. I had already shared a vanilla ice cream cake, in that I had not added any extra sugar and while tasting, I felt a little more sugar is required. So I personally prefer to add sugar.You can prefer sugar or even condensed milk. Upon mixing, you will get a thick batter. The batter is topped with some chocolate chips and strawberry pieces.
Further, I would like to say that while mixing the cake batter, it will be sticky only. Let move onto the recipe and see how it is done.
For a tall cake, the cake tin I used here is 5″ inch mold. You can use a 6″ or 7 ” cake tin also. So the baking time can vary based on the size of the mold. In addition, I would like to highlight some of our trending baking recipes also:
Strawberry Chocolate Ice Cream CakeCourse: CakeCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Strawberry Chocolate Ice Cream Cake | with step by step photos and video. An easy to make cake recipe using the full cream ice cream available in supermarkets.
1 cup of Full Cream Strawberry Ice Cream
1 cup of Full Cream Chocolate Ice Cream
11/2 cup Maida / All Purpose Flour
1/4 to 1/2 cup Sugar (Optional)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
Some Fresh Strawberries and Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Prepare the cake tin. Here I am using a 5 inch round cake mold. Brush it with some oil and place a baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl take 1 cup of full cream strawberry ice cream and 1 cup of full cream chocolate ice cream.
- Allow it to melt naturally.
- Once melted, mix and form a lump free paste.
- Now sieve through 11/2 cup maida or all purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder and 1/8th tsp salt.
- Then add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sugar and start mixing the batter.
- Mix and form a lump free thick batter.
- Transfer the batter to the cake mold.
- Level the batter using a spoon.
- Top with some chocolate chips and fresh strawberries. Batter is ready to be baked.
- Place a stand and a plate inside a kadai. Preheat the kadai for 5 minutes over a low flame. After 5 minutes, place the cake mold. Bake the cake for 50 to 55 minutes over a low flame or until the tooth pic inserted comes out clean
- Cake is baked perfectly.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut and serve. If you like add some cream toppings. Enjoy!
- Store it in refrigerator if using the cake for more than 2 days.
- The baking time can vary based on the size of the mold.
Tempting to try
sure maam.Try and let me know your feedback.