Steamed Rava Cake | Simple & Easy Recipe | Semolina or Sooji Cake | with step by step photos and video. Basically a spongy & sweet cake recipe prepared from rava or semolina with egg, butter and milk. An aesthetic touch of cardamom makes it a yummiest cake ever.
A spongy rava cake at home can be prepared to delight one’s family members or even when some friends are coming over for a cup of tea or coffee. Moreover, quite just like other cakes, a rava cake with egg as well as an eggless rava cake both can be easily prepared within a fraction of minutes, looking into the vegetarian/non-vegetarian preferences.
How to make steamed rava cake recipe?
Steamed Rava Cake | Simple & Easy Recipe | Semolina or Sooji Cake | with step by step photos and video. The recipe sharing here is a very simple and delicious cake which can be made mixing all the ingredients in a mixie jar. The blended batter is steamed using a steamer. If we use an idly plate for steaming then the cooking time will be less than 10minutes. Here let us see how to make this simple cake in a cake pan as well as in an idly plate. The time for cooking differs in both.
Furthermore, do kindly check out pineapple upside down cake, choco idly cake from our cakes section. Hope you would like them.
Steamed Rava Cake RecipeCourse: Dessert, CakeCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Steamed Rava Cake | Simple & Easy Recipe | Semolina or Sooji Cake | with step by step photos and video. Basically a spongy & sweet cake recipe prepared from rava or semolina with egg, butter and milk.
1 cup Rava
7 to 8 tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
4 to 5 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp Melted Butter/Ghee/Oil
- Firstly, grind 1 cup of roasted rava, 8 tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp cardamom or 2 cardamom pods into a fine powder in a mixie jar. (Grind around 30 seconds)
- Now it is ground finely.
- To this mixture, add 1/4 tsp salt, 2 eggs, and 4 tbsp milk. Again ground this finely for about 60 to 90 seconds.
- Allow this batter to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. By doing so, rava will soak well in this mixture.
- After 10 minutes, add 2 tbsp melted butter and 1 tsp baking powder. Blend this again to combine well for 5 seconds.
- Now let us steam the batter. For that either use an idly plate or a cake mold. Grease the cake mold with some oil or butter.
- Pour the batter into the mold.
- Heat water in a steamer and place the steamer plate. Once the steam starts to come, place the cake mold and cook for 2 minutes over high flame. Then reduce the flame and cook for 20 to 30 minutes over low-medium flame.
- Now our soft rava cake is perfectly cooked.
- In an idly tray grease some oil and steam for around 10 minutes. Based on the vessel the cooking time differs.
- Cut and serve our rava cake.
- Allow the cake batter to rest for 5 to 10 minutes for the rava to soak well in the mixture.
- Based on the vessel size we are using for cooking the cooking time will differ.