Steamed Rava Cake | Simple & Easy Recipe | Semolina or Sooji Cake | with step by step photos and video. Basically a spongy & sweet cake recipe prepared from rava or semolina with egg, butter and milk. An aesthetic touch of cardamom makes it a yummiest cake ever.
A spongy rava cake at home can be prepared to delight one’s family members or even when some friends are coming over for a cup of tea or coffee. Moreover, quite just like other cakes, a rava cake with egg as well as an eggless rava cake both can be easily prepared within a fraction of minutes, looking into the vegetarian/non-vegetarian preferences.
How to make steamed rava cake recipe?
Steamed Rava Cake | Simple & Easy Recipe | Semolina or Sooji Cake | with step by step photos and video. The recipe sharing here is a very simple and delicious cake which can be made mixing all the ingredients in a mixie jar. The blended batter is steamed using a steamer. If we use an idly plate for steaming then the cooking time will be less than 10minutes. Here let us see how to make this simple cake in a cake pan as well as in an idly plate. The time for cooking differs in both.
Steamed Rava Cake RecipeCourse: Dessert, CakeCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Steamed Rava Cake | Simple & Easy Recipe | Semolina or Sooji Cake | with step by step photos and video. Basically a spongy & sweet cake recipe prepared from rava or semolina with egg, butter and milk.
1 cup Rava
7 to 8 tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
4 to 5 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp Melted Butter/Ghee/Oil
- Firstly, grind 1 cup of roasted rava, 8 tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp cardamom or 2 cardamom pods into a fine powder in a mixie jar. (Grind around 30 seconds)
- Now it is ground finely.
- To this mixture, add 1/4 tsp salt, 2 eggs, and 4 tbsp milk. Again ground this finely for about 60 to 90 seconds.
- Allow this batter to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. By doing so, rava will soak well in this mixture.
- After 10 minutes, add 2 tbsp melted butter and 1 tsp baking powder. Blend this again to combine well for 5 seconds.
- Now let us steam the batter. For that either use an idly plate or a cake mold. Grease the cake mold with some oil or butter.
- Pour the batter into the mold.
- Heat water in a steamer and place the steamer plate. Once the steam starts to come, place the cake mold and cook for 2 minutes over high flame. Then reduce the flame and cook for 20 to 30 minutes over low-medium flame.
- Now our soft rava cake is perfectly cooked.
- In an idly tray grease some oil and steam for around 10 minutes. Based on the vessel the cooking time differs.
- Cut and serve our rava cake.
- Allow the cake batter to rest for 5 to 10 minutes for the rava to soak well in the mixture.
- Based on the vessel size we are using for cooking the cooking time will differ.