Steam Cake Recipe | Chocolate Cake in Idli Tray | with step by step photos & video. Making these soft, light, spongy chocolate steam cake is surprisingly easy. You can enjoy them as a healthy breakfast or after-school snack. A conventional cake is prepared with a steamer for those who do not have access to a baking oven.
These treats may look like muffins, but they’re not. The biggest difference between these cakes and muffins is that these delicious little treats are steamed instead of baked.
How to make Steam Cake?
Steam Cake Recipe | Chocolate Cake in Idli Tray | with step by step photos & video. In this recipe, I have shared the sponge chocolate cake recipe with cocoa powder added while steaming it. Any flavored cake can be prepared with the same steaming method as per your taste and preference. I am using an idli tray for pouring the batter.
finally, do visit my other simple eggless & ovenless cakes recipes collection with this post of steam cake recipe.
Steam Cake Recipe | Chocolate Cake in Idli TrayCourse: CakeCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Steam Cake Recipe | Chocolate Cake in Idli Tray | with step by step photos & video. Making these soft, light, spongy chocolate steam cake is surprisingly easy.
7 tbsp all-purpose flour/maida
5 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
7 tbsp milk
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Starting with, let us mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl one by one.
- Firstly, add-in 7 tbsp maida, 5 tbsp sugar, 3 tbsp cocoa powder, ½ tsp baking powder & a pinch of salt into the mixing bowl.
- Using a fork or spoon, whisk all the ingredients evenly.
- Then add the wet ingredients, one by one. Add in 7 tbsp milk at room temperature, followed by 2 tbsp vegetable oil & 1 tsp vanilla essence for a nice flavor.
- Now, mix all the ingredients using a fork or a whisk, & form a smooth batter. Give a proper mix, so that no lumps are formed.
- Now our cake batter is ready & let us steam the cake.
- For steaming, add enough water in an idli cooker & place the idli plate on the stand.
- Grease oil over the idli plate. (If your idli plate/tray is a hole-type one, use butter paper to cover the holes.)
- Now pour in the cake batter.
- For steaming, firstly, keep the flame on high & boil the water. Once steam starts to come out, reduce the flame to low-medium flame & steam for 10 minutes.
- Check if the cake is done using a skewer by inserting on the cake. If it comes out clean make sure cake is perfectly done.
- Our cake is perfectly baked. The steam cake tastes exactly the same as the baked chocolate cake.