Spicy Chicken Roast | Using Freshly Ground Kashmiri Chilli Masala | with step by step photos and video. A fried chicken recipe which is full of flavour and spices. So pleasing and appetising roast. A combination of succulent pieces of chicken cooked in a freshly ground Kashmiri Red Chilli masala paste along with the spices. This recipe will literally leave your family asking for more.
This dish brings out the authentic south Indian spice of the dish. You can cook this dish easily at home for a dinner party as a side dish. It goes well with some rice as well as any Indian bread of your choice. Do kindly check out a similar kind of chicken roast, red chilli flakes chicken recipe , prepared using the Kashmiri red chilli paste. A similar kind of dry roast recipe full of authentic flavors prepared by using a ground masala, using the Kashmiri red chillies.
The recipe calls for a ground masala using Kashmiri Red Chilies as the key ingredient. The hotness and color of the dish is punched by these spices. If you would like to add normal red chillies instead of Kashmiri red chilies do reduce the quantity. The masala is prepared by grinding the sauted cardamom, fennel seeds, cloves, garlic, onion and Kashmiri chillies.
How to make this spicy chicken roast?
Spicy Chicken Roast | Using Freshly Ground Kashmiri Chilli Masala | with step by step photos and video. A authentic recipe rich in flavors and taste, where the chicken is simmered along with the freshly ground masala. The juiciness of the recipe is obtained from the juices of chicken alone. This adds a special taste to the recipe. Lastly, the hint of lemon juice adds up the flavor to the dish.
Furthermore, some tips and suggestions for this perfect mouth watering recipe. Firstly, using Kashmiri Red Chillies brings a special flavor and color to the chicken roast. The fiery red colour and the delicious gravy of the chicken curry is sure to impress you as well. Secondly, the dish is cooked in the chicken juices. Do not add water while cooking chicken. Chicken is well cooked in its juices itself. Lastly, addition of lemon juice brings out that extra zing in this dish.
Additionally, do kindly check out our trending chicken recipes. Hope you would like them too.
Spicy Chicken RoastCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Spicy Chicken Roast | Using Freshly Ground Kashmiri Chilli Masala | with step by step photos and video. A fried chicken recipe which is full of flavour and spices.
- For the Masala
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
2″ inch Sized Ginger (Roughly Chopped)
5 to 6 Garlic Pods
2 Medium-Sized Onions (Roughly Chopped)
6 to 7 Kashmiri Red Chillies
- Preparing Chicken Roast
1 tbsp Oil
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Fennel Powder
750 gms of Chicken (Small-Cut)
Salt as required
Few Curry leaves
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- For the Masala
- Firstly, heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai.
- Add 3 Cardamoms, 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds, 2″ inch Sized Ginger (Roughly Chopped), 5 to 6 Garlic Pods, 2 Medium-Sized Onions (Roughly Chopped), 6 to 7 Kashmiri Red Chillies and few Curry Leaves.
- Saute them over a low flame, until the onion turns translucent.
- Now switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Once cooled transfer to a mixie jar and grind it to a fine paste, without adding water. Keep it aside.
- Preparing Chicken Roast
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai.
- Add the ground masala and salt required for the whole dish.
- Cook the masala over a low flame until the color changes. Takes around 5 to 8 minutes.
- Then, add 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder, 1/2 tsp Garam Masala and 1/4 tsp Fennel Powder. Roast the spices for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Now add the cleaned chicken pieces and coat it well with the masala.
- Add some curry leaves.
- Cover and cook the chicken over a low flame for 15 to 20 minutes. Mix in between to avoid getting burnt.
- After 20 minutes, the chicken is done and the oil is separated.
- Now add 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Mix it well. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Chicken roast is ready. Switch off the flame and serve the spicy roast along with rice or any rotis.
- Do not add water while cooking chicken.
- Do not forget to add lemon juice. Addition of lemon juice brings out that extra zing in this dish.
- If you like it more spicy increase the amount of Kashmiri Red Chilies.