Spanish Delight Ice Cream | with step by step photos and video. An international hit among ice cream lovers! A flavorful ice cream with snippets of toasted nuts in sugar caramel gives a perfect taste for the recipe. The indulgence of boost flavor and coffee flavor with the cream is blended together for a sensationally smooth and creamy dessert.
A hot summer’s day begs for something cold. Oh, we could sip on a cold drink but nothing says ‘Summer’ like a bowl of homemade ice cream. So try this delicious delighted Ice Cream that is perfect on its own.
What is an Ice Cream?
A sweetened frozen food typically eaten as a snack or dessert. It may be made from dairy milk or cream and is flavoured with a sweetener, either sugar or an alternative like sweetened condensed milk, and any flavors, such as cocoa or vanilla. Moreover, it can also be made by whisking a flavored cream base and liquid nitrogen together.
How to make Spanish delight ice cream?
Spanish Delight Ice Cream | with step by step photos and video. Homemade treats are the best kind. Not only to they taste better (in my opinion), but you can control the ingredients and put into them exactly what you want. I love being able to create recipes. The recipe calls for mixing evaporated milk, 3 to 4 tbsp Boost or bournvita and 1/4 tsp of Instant Coffee powder which is further blended with whipping cream and condensed milk. I used the store bought evaporated milk. Moreover, you can make the evaporated milk at home by simmering 2 cups of milk to 1/2 cup of milk.
For a crunchy flavor, some nuts are toasted with the caramelized sugar which are further crushed and added with the ice cream. Finally, freeze the ice cream for a minimum of 8 hrs or over night. If the ice cream becomes too hard, place in the refrigerator for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving so it can soften.
Spanish Delight Ice CreamCourse: Dessert, Ice CreamCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Spanish Delight Ice Cream | with step by step photos and video. An international hit among ice cream lovers! A flavorful ice cream with snippets of toasted nuts in sugar caramel gives a perfect taste for the recipe.
1/2 cup Hot Evaporated Milk
3 tbsp Boost
1/4 tsp Coffee Powder
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp Sugar + 2 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Whipping Cream
1/2 cup Condensed Milk
Dried Fruits (5 to 6 cashews & pistachios)
- Firstly, add 1/2 cup of hot evaporated milk in a bowl.
- Then add in 3 tbsp boost, 1/4 tsp coffee powder, a pinch of salt, and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Mix it well until everything is dissolved well.
- Keep aside and allow to cool completely.
- Take another bowl kept in freezer for 1 hr. Add 1 cup of whipping cream.
- Beat until it forms soft peaks.
- Now add 1/2 cup condensed milk . Whip until it is combined well.
- Then add the cooled mixture and mix it well.
- Whip again to combine them well.
- Transfer the mix to an airtight container or a bowl. If using a bowl cover it tightly with a silicon wrap.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp sugar in a pan. Caramelize it over a low flame and add some pistachios and cashews. Fry for few seconds and transfer it to an oil greased plate.
- Once it is cooled, crush it coarsely and keep aside.
- After 1 hr, take the ice cream from freezer and add the crushed caramelized fried fruits.
- Mix well, level it and cover it. Freeze for at least 8 hrs or overnight.
- Scoop and enjoy every single bite of Spanish delight.
- If the ice cream becomes too hard, place in the refrigerator for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving so it can soften.