Chicken 65 | Juicy Fry Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A super easy and famous starter from South Indian cuisine. A spicy, deep-fried chicken dish originating from Hotel Buhari, Chennai, India, as a starter, or quick snack.
WHAT IS 65 IN CHICKEN 65?
Has anyone guessed what is 65 in Chicken 65? The name of this chicken is naturally intriguing and makes one think what is 65 in chicken 65? The stories associated with the origin of this strange name is ambiguous and most of these stories are too bizarre to be taken seriously. For example, some say.
- Chicken 65 is called so because of 65 spices are used to make it. Now, who can eat such a spicy chicken?
- Made for Indian soldiers as a quick meal during the war of 1965. It’s definitely not a war food.
- The chicken preparations used to make this dish was marinated for 65 days.
- The age of chicken used to make this dish was 65 days. Really!
- The chicken was cut in 65 pieces to make this dish. Guess who counted them?
The most logically accepted meaning of 65 in chicken 65 is that this chicken was served in a fine dining restaurant in Chennai, India and was introduced in year 1965.
How to make chicken 65 or juicy fry recipe?
Chicken 65 | Juicy Fry Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A very delicious version of this chicken for a yield of 3 to 4 persons. The recipe is so simple that it involves only mixing all the ingredients & further deep fry them. A quick and easy snack too. If you further like to add lemon juice, you can do. Do try this amazing and tasty recipe.
Chicken 65 | Juicy Fry RecipeCourse: ChickenCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Chicken 65 | Juicy Fry Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A super easy and famous starter from South Indian cuisine.
500 gms chicken
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 sprigs of fresh curry leaves finely chopped
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp Kashmiri chilly powder
1/2 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tbsp maida
2 tsp oil
salt as required
Oil as required for deep frying
- For chicken 65, you can prefer bone/ boneless chicken based on your choice.
- Cut the chicken to medium or small pieces.
- For marinating the chicken, add 500 gms of chicken pieces in a mixing bowl followed by 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, 1 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder & 1 tbsp Kashmiri chilly powder.
- Add required salt & mix it well.
- Now add 1/2 tbsp cornflour & 1/2 tbsp maida to the mixing bowl. Keep in mind, not to add more cornflour/maida than the measurements are given above. It can spoil the texture.
- Now add 2 tsp oil to the mixture. Mix it thoroughly with our hands, making sure the masalas cover the chicken pieces properly.
- Now close the mixing bowl allow it to sit for a minimum of 10 minutes. If you want to rest it more time, do refrigerate.
- Now heat a frying pan, and add oil for deep frying the chicken.
- Start adding the chicken pieces one by one into the hot oil. Flip & fry the pieces on both sides, until the chicken is cooked properly and it turns to golden brown.
- Do not overcook the pieces as the pieces will lose their softness. If you need it to be more crispy, fry for some more time.
- It takes an approximate time of 8 to 10 min to roast & cook the chicken pieces. Now our chicken 65 is ready. Remove from oil.
- Serve & enjoy the delicious chicken65.
- Do not add more corn flour or maida for this recipe than the given amount. It can spoil the texture.
- Do not exclude curry leaves to add in the recipe. It gives an extra flavor to the dish.