Soft & Juicy Chicken 65 – Iftar Special | with video. Chicken 65 is an easy-to-make and very popular snack recipe from South India, which is prepared using chicken marinated in spices. It is a spicy, deep-fried chicken dish originating from Hotel Buhari, Chennai, India, as a starter, or quick snack.
The flavor of the dish can be attributed to red chillies but the exact set of ingredients for the recipe can vary based on their cuisines.
WHAT IS 65 IN CHICKEN 65?
Soft & Juicy Chicken 65 – Iftar Special | with video. Has anyone guessed what is 65 in Chicken 65? The name of this chicken is naturally intriguing and makes one think what is 65 in chicken 65? The stories associated with the origin of this strange name is ambiguous and most of these stories are too bizarre to be taken seriously. For example, some say.
- Chicken 65 is called so because of 65 spices are used to make it. Now, who can eat such a spicy chicken?
- Made for Indian soldiers as a quick meal during the war of 1965. It’s definitely not a war food.
- The chicken preparations used to make this dish was marinated for 65 days.
- The age of chicken used to make this dish was 65 days. Really!
- The chicken was cut in 65 pieces to make this dish. Guess who counted them?
The most logically accepted meaning of 65 in chicken 65 is that this chicken was served in a fine dining restaurant in Chennai, India and was introduced in year 1965.
I’m going to share with you a very delicious version of this chicken for a yield of 2 to 4 persons. Do try this recipe.
Soft & Juicy Chicken 65 – Iftar SpecialCourse: ChickenCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Soft & Juicy Chicken 65 – Iftar Special | with video. Chicken 65 is an easy-to-make and very popular snack recipe from South India,
500 gms chicken
2tsp ginger garlic paste
2 sprigs of fresh curry leaves finely chopped
1tsp pepper powder
1/2tsp garam masala
1tsp corriander powder
1/2tsp cumin powder
1tbsp kashmiri chilly powder
1/2tbsp corn flour
salt as required
Oil as required for deep frying
- For chicken 65, you can prefer bone/ boneless chicken based on your choice.
- Cut the chicken to medium or small pieces.
- For marinating the chicken, add chicken pieces in a mixing bowl followed by ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, pepper powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin & Kashmiri chilly powder in the measurements given above.
- Add required salt & mix it well.
- Do not exclude curry leaves. It gives an extra flavor to the dish.
- Now add cornflour & maid to the mixing bowl. Keep in mind, not to add more cornflour/maida than the measurements are given above. It can spoil the texture.
- Now add 2tsp oil to the mixture. Mix it thoroughly with our hands, making sure the masalas reach every nook & corner of chicken pieces properly.
- Now close the mixing bowl using a lid/saline foil & let it sit for 10 min.
- Allow it to sit more time/refrigerate.
- Now heat a frying pan, and add oil for deep frying the chicken.
- Start adding the chicken pieces one by one into the hot oil. Fry the pieces on both sides, until the chicken is golden brown.
- Do not overcook the pieces as the pieces will lose their softness.
- If you need more crispy fry for some more time.
- It takes an approximate time of 8 to 10 min to roast & cook the chicken pieces.
- Now our chicken 65 is ready to be out of oil & be served.
- Serve & enjoy the delicious chicken65.