Smiley Crisps| Kids snack | with step by step pictures & video. This recipe is completely done using potatoes. So basically it is a potato-based snack dish.
A chip or crisp is any type of snack food in the form of a crisp, flat, or slightly bowl-shaped, bite-sized unit. Chips are now available in many flavors too. Chips are everyone’s favorite snack, especially kids. If we give our kids snacks in a more presentable & pleasing way, they won’t be fussy eaters, I guess.
How to make Smiley crisps?
Firstly boil a potato & peel off the skin. Grate it using a grater. Now add in some seasonings. Along with seasonings, I added chaat masala for a tangy taste too. If you do not like that taste you can avoid using chaat masala & add garam masala instead. Then kneading, rolling & cutting in the shape of smiley, followed by deep-frying.
Smiley CrispsCourse: Kids Corner, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Smiley Crisps| Kids snack | with step by step pictures & video. This recipe is completely done using potatoes.
1 no large boiled potato
salt as required
1/4tsp pepper powder
1.5tsp to 2tsp chaat masala(optional)
1tsp oil + oil for deep frying
- Boil a large-sized potato. Peel off the skin & grate it using a grater.
- Now add in salt as required, 1/4tsp pepper powder, 1.5 tsp chaat masala & 1tbsp cornflour.
- Mix well & knead it to a soft dough. If you feel the dough is sticky to knead spray little oil & knead to a soft dough.
- Spread 1tsp oil on a chapati rolling board & press the dough on the board.
- Now roll the dough using a rolling pin to a thickness of 1/2inch.
- Now using a cookie cutter or a lid cut out circular shapes. Make eyes using a straw as shown in the figure.
- Use a spoon to cut out a smile.
- Pull off the remaining dough & knead it again & repeat the same process.
- Deep Fry
- Now deep fry the smiley doughs until it turns a golden color.
- Our crispy smiley chips are ready.
- Use oil if dough becomes sticky to knead.
- Based on the size of potato vary the use of spices.
In addition, i would like to highlight my other related recipes collection like,