Small Batch Eggless Orange Cupcakes Recipe | Moist and fluffy Cupcake with Nutella Topping | with step by step photos and video. Made without eggs, these tender snacks are perfect for serving with your afternoon cup of tea. These cupcakes can be baked for any occasion whether be a get-together, birthday party or simply to satisfy your dessert carving. Definitely a straightforward recipe and definitely a crowd pleaser dessert.
The recipe uses freshly squeezed orange juice and orange zest to make the cupcakes. Moreover, the nutella topping makes it more rich and delicious. This recipe is adapted from the Orange Drip Cake Recipe and orange tea cake that I had shared earlier.
Consider these things before baking:
Taste the orange juice before adding it to the batter. Sometimes the orange will look good, but it will taste bitter if it was left outside for long. So it’s better to taste the orange before using it in this recipe.
Measure the ingredients properly and as per the recipe below. Adding more liquid will change the texture of the cake.
How to make Small Batch Eggless Orange Cupcakes Recipe ?
Small Batch Eggless Orange Cupcakes Recipe | Moist and fluffy Cupcake with Nutella Topping | with step by step photos and video. The recipe is so simple and you can make exactly 6 cupcakes using these measurements. I love about this cupcake is the texture & it’s flavor. The most satisfying part of this recipe is the fresh orange juice used here. This citrus cake brings warmth and so much flavor, the fresh orange juice gives it a light yellow color. You can double or triple the measurements for more cupcakes.
Small Batch Eggless Orange Cupcakes RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Small Batch Eggless Orange Cupcakes Recipe | Moist and fluffy Cupcake with Nutella Topping | with step by step photos and video. Made without eggs, these tender snacks are perfect for serving with your afternoon cup of tea.
3/4 cup Maida
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1/4 cup Curd
3 tbsp Oil
90 gms Sugar (little less than 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup Orange Juice
2 drops of Orange Food Color
1 tbsp Orange Zest
- Preheat an oven at 150 degree celsius for 10 minutes. Or preheat a kadai for 10 minutes over a low flame.
- Firstly, in a bowl add 3/4 cup maida, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Mix them well and keep aside.
- Now in another bowl add 1/4 cup curd, 3 tbsp oil and 90 gms sugar.
- Whisk well until sugar dissolves.
- Finally, add in 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice and combine well.
- Now add in the dry ingredients little by little.
- Fold the ingredients and make a lump free smooth batter.
- Finally add 1 tbsp orange zest and 2 drops of orange color.
- Give a smooth mix. Batter is ready.
- Transfer the batter into a 6 number cupcake tray lined with cupcake liners.
- Scoop 2 tbsp batter into each cupcake holes.
- Tap & level the batter.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 150 degree celsius for 25 to 30 minutes. Or you can bake them in a preheated kadai for 25 minutes over a low flame.
- Perfectly baked at 28 minutes.
- Allow to cool them. I like to have them on the next day.
- If you like to have some frosting, you can pipe some nutella and design them. Or You can check our trending chocolate ganache frosting recipe also.
- Enjoy the cupcakes with your choice of topping for a cup of tea.
- Baking them at a low temperature usually takes little long time but gives you a perfect flat top.
- Use freshly squeezed orange juice for the recipe.