Rose Milk Tres Leches Cake | Eggless Cake Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A soft, spongy and scrumptious rose milk cake prepared by soaking it in a sweetened rich rose milk mixture. Later topped with whipping cream, pistachios and rose petals.
All of these lovely flavourings combined in a soft eggless sponge cake doused in more creamy sweet syrup will really elevate your festive day! Trust me you do not want to skip out on this dessert.
What is a tres leches cake?
A traditional Latin American dessert that you’ll see in nearly every Mexican bakery, restaurant, and taquiera there is. This stellar dessert has origins and historical roots that are as rich as its dense flavor.
A “Dominican delight”, also known as pan tres leches, is a sponge cake in some recipes, a sponge cake soaked in three kinds of milk.
How to make rose milk tres leches cake?
Rose Milk Tres Leches Cake | Eggless Cake Recipe | with step by step photos and video.
Elements Of Rose Milk Cake:
There are three elements to this rose milk cake:
- Cake base,
- The rooh afza soak
- Whipped Cream topping with Pistachios and rose petals
The cake base used here is a rose flavored soft and spongy cake.The rose flavor is incorporated using rooh afza also called as the refresher of the soul used as a flavouring agent for sherbets and drinks. We are adding this in the cake base as well as our rose soaking syrup. Rooh afza will not only add that sweet refreshing flavour but also a gentle tone of colour to our rose milk cake and its soak. In addition, for an extra dense color, you can add 2 to 3 drops of red color. This step is completely optional.
The Rooh Afza Soak:
A traditional tres leches cake is soaked in 3 different types of milk : Full Cream Milk, Condensed Milk and whipping cream. Soaking the cake ends up making it extra fluffy, creamy and so so soft. It also enhances the existing flavours and makes it even more delicious. For the rose milk taste, here we add the rose syrup, rooh afza along with it. All you have to do is to mix everything together and that’s about it.
You can try and poke some holes using a fork a knife to get maximum liquid to seep in. It is also advised to soak the cake when it is slightly warm and has not cooled fully. I know all of this liquid can seem like a lot and feel a little too much! But trust the process, it is just the right amount.
The topping is done with the classic way of topping the cake with a simple whipped cream frosting. For the final garnish I have also used some chopped pistachios and edible rose petals.
Furthermore, I would like to highlight our trending Eggless Chocolate Tres Leches Cake recipe also. Hope you would be delighted.
Rose Milk Tres Leches CakeCourse: Dessert, CakeCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Medium
Rose Milk Tres Leches Cake | Eggless Cake Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A soft, spongy and scrumptious rose milk cake prepared by soaking it in a sweetened rich rose milk mixture.
- Cake Base
1 cup Yogurt/Curd
½ teaspoon Baking soda
¾ cup (150g) castor sugar
½ cup (120mL) vegetable 0il
1 tbsp Rooh Afza/Rose Syrup
Red food colour (optional)
1½ cup (180g) Maida
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
- Rose Milk Soaking Mix
1½ cup Full Cream Milk
½ cup Fresh Cream
½ cup Condensed Milk
4 tbsp Rooh Afza
Dried Rose Petals
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree for 10 minutes and line a 8*8 square pan using parchment paper.
- In a bowl add 1 cup curd and 1/2 tsp baking soda. Mix and set aside for 5 minutes to foam up.
- Now add the 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup oil and 1 tbsp rooh afza into the same bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Gently sift in 11/2 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Mix until everything is well combined and form a smooth batter.
- Add in 2 to 3 drops of red food colour and mix. Do not over mix at this stage.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and level it.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the milk mixture by combing 11/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup fresh cream, 1/2 cup condensed milk and 4 tbsp rooh afza.
- Mix well and keep it aside.
- After the cake is baked, cool down slightly.
- Trim the top part of cake and prick the cake using a fork to make small holes.
- Pour the rose milk liquid on the cake and tilt the pan so that the milk covers the entire cake. You can keep a little milk mixture aside for using while serving the cake.
- Let it set in the fridge for one hour.
- After one hour, demould the cake from the pan.
- Top with whipped cream, pistachios and rose petals.
- Cit and serve. While serving add some more liquid and serve!
- Refrigerate for further use. I personally recommend the recipe to do it one day before and refrigerate for that delicious taste I enjoyed.