Rice Wine | Japanese Sake | Wine in 10 Days | with step by step photos and video. An alcoholic beverage made from fermented rice, known for its strong, unique taste. You can brew this wine with just few humble ingredients like rice, water, yeast, sugar and sprouted wheat.
Rice wine features prominently in Chinese & East Asian’s cuisines. The Japanese Sake (pronounced as Sa-Keh) is gaining popularity. Although in Japan Sake is more of a general term for all kind of alcoholic beverages, the rice alcohol is called the Nihonshu and is made through a brewing process more like that of beer than a regular fermenting process that the wine calls for.
How to make homemade rice wine or sake?
Rice Wine | Japanese Sake | Wine in 10 Days | with step by step photos and video. Making wine at home brings in a festive mood. It is never too late to prepare a homemade wine for this Christmas season. You do not need any fancy expensive rice for this wine; just simple basmati rice is needed.
Further, the other main ingredient is the black raisin with seeds. Moreover, this recipe is done in 10 days so it is must to use the sprouted whole wheat than the whole wheat. If you are using whole wheat as it is it take a lot of time to ferment. The amount of sugar used here give you an average sweet, if you love to add more sweetness to your wine increase the amount of sugar. Further, lemon juice increases acidity, and it complements a specific and fresh.
Additionally, I would like to highlight our wine collections. Hope you would like them.
Rice Wine | Japanese SakeCourse: Beverages, WineCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Rice Wine | Japanese Sake | Wine in 10 Days | with step by step photos and video. An alcoholic beverage made from fermented rice, known for its strong, unique taste.
1/2 cup Basmati Rice/ Raw Rice
500 gms Sugar
1/4 cup Black Raisins
1/2 tsp Instant Yeast
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Sprouted Wheat (refer notes)
1 Litre Water (boiled and cooled)
- Firstly, wash and drain 1/2 cup of basmati rice and 1/4 cup of black raisins. Using Basmati rice yields you strong wine than using other white rice.
- Let us wash and clean the stone crock or glass jar that is used for wine making. Dry it completely.
- Now add the drained rice to the glass pot.
- Followed by 1/4 cup black raisins, 500 gms sugar, 1/2 tsp instant yeast, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp sprouted wheat (refer notes) and 1 Litre boiled and cooled water.
- Fill only 3/4 portion of the wine jar.
- Mix it well, touching the base of the glass jar, using a cleaned and dried wooden spoon for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now close the glass jar and store in a dark place. (Glass jars should be stored away from sunlight ).
- After 1 day. Open it and stir it Mix it daily using a completely dried spoon. Stir for at-least 1 minute. Stir, every day at the same time.
- After 10 days. Our wine is ready.
- Now strain the wine using a strainer or cloth. We got 1.25 ltr of rice wine here.
- If you feel the wine is not clear, keep the bottle idle for 1 to 2 days.
- this recipe is done in 10 days so it is must to use the sprouted whole wheat than the whole wheat.
- If you are using whole wheat as it is it take a lot of time to ferment.
- If using glass jar instead of stone crock then store it away from sunlight.
- Lemon Juice is added to increase acidity, complement a specific flavor and it also gives a “fresh” flavor.
- Using Basmati rice yields you strong wine than using other white rice.