Red Velvet Cream Cheesecake | with step by step photos and video. A traditional red coloured or dark red brown moist cake with cream cheese icing or frosting. Considered as one of the moist cake ever, perhaps due to the alkaline acidic substances like vinegar or buttermilk used in this cake recipe. The recipe yields: 1100-1250 gms
It really is the most beautiful cake to bake for special occasions. It’s impressive looking, and it’s always well received by guests. It’s delicious too!
How to make Red Velvet Cream Cheesecake at home?
Red Velvet Cream Cheesecake | with step by step photos and video. Besides the basic flour, cocoa powder and sugar that you need, you also need lemon juice or white vinegar and butter milk to make this cake moist. These ingredients are acidic in nature and react with the baking soda to make this cake truly soft and velvety. So please don’t skip using these ingredients. For the exact red colour, use super red artificial gel food color. You can use liquid color as well.
To make butter milk, simply add 1 teaspoon white vinegar to milk. Let it rest on the counter for 5-7 minutes. You will see that the milk curdles a little. You need to add this mixture to your red velvet cake. It makes the cake super soft and velvety.
Do consider some these things while preparing the recipe. Firstly, we have used super red food colour in this recipe which can be replaced with normal red food color as well. But while using normal food colors vary the amount based on the color thickness. Secondly, this cake is typically prepared with maida flour, however wheat flour can also be used as alternative. Lastly, apply the cream cheese frosting only after the baked cake is completely cooled down.
The Baking time may vary depending on the size of the cake mold:
- 7″ inch Cake pan 60-65 minutes
- 8″ inch Pan 50-55 minutes
- 9″ inch Pan 40-45 minutes
Cake Cheese Frosting
Moist, incredible flavor combination with cream cheese frosting, this cake is amazingly delicious. The cake pairs beautifully with cream cheese frosting where the tartness balances out the sweet flavor of the cake. Both butter and cream cheese for the frosting should be at room temperature before beating.
Furthermore, I would like to highlight some of our trending baking recipes also:
Red Velvet Cream CheesecakeCourse: Cake, DessertCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Medium
Red Velvet Cream Cheesecake | with step by step photos and video. A traditional red coloured or dark red brown moist cake with cream cheese icing or frosting
- For Cake Batter
11/4 cup All Purpose Flour
11/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 pinches of Salt
11/4 tsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Milk
1 tsp Vinegar
3 tbsp Curd
1/2 tsp Super Red Color
11/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
11/4 cup Sugar Powdered
3 tbsp Oil
100 gms Cream Cheese
50 gms Butter
11/2 cup Whipping Cream
3/4 cup + 8 tbsp Sugar Powdered
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Grated White Chocolate as required
- Sugar Syrup
1/2 cup Water
4 tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
A pinch of salt
- Preparing Cake Tin
- Line a 7″ inch cake mold with some oil or butter and place a parchment paper or butter paper. Keep it aside.
- Mixing the dry Ingredients
- In a bowl, add 11/4 cup All Purpose Flour, 11/4 tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 2 pinches of Salt and 11/4 tsp Cocoa Powder.
- Mix it well and sieve 2 to 3 times and keep it aside.
- Preparing Butter Milk
- Take another bowl and add 1/4 cup Milk, and 1 tsp Vinegar. Mix it and wait for 5 minutes.
- You can see the milk is curdled. Now add 3 tbsp curd and mix it well.
- To this add 1/2 tsp super red color or any red color of your preference. Keep it aside.
- Making Cake Batter
- Now break 4 eggs and add 11/2 tsp vanilla essence. Beat it until it foams.
- Now add 11/4 cup powdered sugar gradually and beat the mixture until it changes it color. (around 5 to 8 minutes).
- Then pour 1/2 cup of this beaten egg mixture to the kept aside butter milk mixture.
- Add 3 tbsp oil and beat at low speed until everything is combined well.
- Pour this mixture to the remaining egg mix and combine them well.
- Now add the dry ingredients gradually and combine the batter to a smooth, silky batter.
- Cake batter is ready. Transfer to the lined cake mould.
- Tap to release the air bubbles.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180D. Bake the cake in the preheated oven at 180D or 350F for 60 to 65 minutes.
- Cake is done. Allow to cool down completely.
- Once cooled, demould and layer the cake to 3 equal layers. Keep them aside.
- Preparing the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In this frosting we are mixing the cream cheese with the whipping cream. Firstly, beat 50gms of butter at room temperature until it turns fluffy and changes it color.
- In another bowl take 100 gms of cream cheese at room temperature and beat until it turns soft.
- Now add 3/4 cup of powdered sugar gradually and mix it using a spatula. Then beat it at low speed. Make sure sugar is well combined to get the perfect texture for cream cheese.
- To this mix, add the soft butter kept aside and beat for another 1 minute.
- Now our cream cheese is ready. Refrigerate it until we prepare the whipping cream.
- In a bowl add 11/2 cup whipping cream and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Beat until it turns creamy.
- Now add 8 tbsp powdered sugar gradually and beat until stiff peaks.
- Then add the cream cheese kept at refrigerator to the whipping cream gradually and combine them well.
- Now our cream cheese frosting is ready.
- Decorate the Cake
- Apply the frosting layers and place the grated white chocolates over each layer of the cake as per your desires.
- The Baking time may vary depending on the size of the cake mold.
- You also need lemon juice or white vinegar and butter milk to make this cake moist. So please don’t skip using these ingredients.
- For the exact red color, use super red gel color.