Red Chili Flakes Chicken Recipe | Red Chili Chicken | Spicy Roast | with step by step photos & video. A very simple & easy to cook a recipe with fewer ingredients. The main ingredient for this recipe is red chili flakes. The color & flavor of this chicken recipe is so amazing.
The best side-dish for sambar rice or rasam rice. You can eat it along with cooked rice also.The chicken is cooked & roasted along with the red chili flakes. You can either buy or make the chili flakes easily at home.
How to make red chili flakes chicken recipe or red chili chicken?
Red Chili Flakes Chicken Recipe | Red Chili Chicken | Spicy & Dry Chicken Roast | with step by step photos & video. A spicy and delicious recipe with red chili flakes as the main ingredient. You can either use homemade or store bought red chili flakes for the recipe. The preparation of chili flakes is very easy. You just need to dry roast them and prepare chili flakes. But prior to preparing chili flakes at home, please always crush them in small batches (8-10 chilies) at a time. A large batch will not give you, the desired result.
For enhancing the color of the dish I added the Kashmiri red chili paste. I had already uploaded how to make & store Kashmiri chili paste at home easily. If not, you can add Kashmiri red chili powder also.
Furthermore, do check out our other chicken recipes here.
Red Chili Flakes Chicken Recipe | Red Chili ChickenCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Red Chili Flakes Chicken Recipe | Red Chili Chicken | Spicy & Dry Chicken Roast | with step by step photos & video. A very simple & easy to cook a recipe with fewer ingredients.
1 kg bone-in/boneless chicken
15 to 20 shallots
1/2 onion thinly sliced
1 tbsp oil
fresh curry leaves
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp Kashmiri red chili paste/ Kashmiri red chili powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
salt as required
- Preparing an Onion Paste
- In a blender, add in 15 to 20 shallots & 1/2 onion thinly sliced.
- Pulse it for 2 to 3 sec. Make sure not to grind it.
- Preparing Red Chili Flake Chicken
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai. Crackle 1/2 tsp fennel seeds & some fresh curry leaves.
- Add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste & saute until raw smell goes.
- Then add the crushed onion paste. Cover & cook until the onion paste turns golden brown in color.
- Now add in 1/4 tsp turmeric powder & fry for 30sec.
- Followed by our main ingredient, 2 tsp red chili flakes & 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder/chili paste. Mix well & roast it.
- Now add in the 1 kg bone-in chicken pieces & coat it well in the masala paste.
- Check for seasoning.
- Now cover & cook until the chicken is cooked completely. There is no need to add water while cooking chicken.
- Lastly, add in 1/2 tsp garam masala & mix well. Cover & cook for another 5 minutes or until oil separates.
- Now our red chili flake chicken is ready to be served along with Rotis/rice.