Rava Peda Recipe | Sweet Peda | with step by step photos and video. Sweet recipes prepared using rava, desiccated coconut and milk. Sweet Peda, a popular and traditional Indian sweet recipe, prepared during festivals or on auspicious occasions.
Indian festivals are just incomplete without the traditional delicious Indian sweets or dessert recipes. Moreover, you can make a variety versions of this recipe by adding various dry fruits, flavorings like saffron or cardamom powder or rose water and some more ingredients like milk powder or coconut etc.
How to make rava peda recipe?
Rava Peda Recipe | Sweet Peda | with step by step photos and video. It is popular across all the regions in India and has different varieties in different states. The traditional recipe of milk peda is usually prepared using mawa or khoya or milk solids. However, the recipe shared here is completely a different version prepared from milk, desiccated coconut and rava.
You can use fresh coconut instead of desiccated coconut by dry roasting the grated coconut for 3 to 4 minutes over a low flame. The amount of sweet used gives you a normal sweet taste. To make your recipe more sweeter, you can add up to 8 tbsp sugar.
In addition, I would like to highlight some sweet recipes from our collection:
Furthermore, kindly check our snack recipes also. Hope you would like them too.
Rava Peda RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Rava Peda Recipe | Sweet Peda | with step by step photos and video. Sweet recipes prepared using rava, desiccated coconut and milk.
1/2 cup Roasted or Unroasted Rava
6 to 8 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut or 1/2 cup -1 cup Fresh Grated Coconut
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
4 tbsp Ghee/Butter
Pista as desired (optional)
Almond as desired (optional)
- Firstly, add 1/2 cup of roasted or unroasted rava & 6 to 8 tbsp sugar in a smalll mixie jar.
- Grind it to a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Then add 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut and 1 cup of milk at room temperature in a medium-sized mixie jar.
- Grind this mix for 20 seconds and keep it aside.
- Now heat 4 tbsp ghee in a pan and add the powdered rava-sugar mixture.
- Roast for 2 to 3 minutes over a medium flame. Once you start to roast there will be small lumps. While you keep on roasting for 2 to 3 minutes you will get a fine lump free mixture.
- Now, add the coconut-milk mixture & combine it well.
- Continue to cook on low flame until the mixture separates from the pan and holds shape. Now, add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder & mix well.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool slightly.
- Now take small portions from the lukewarm peda mixture and roll them in small to medium balls.
- Roll the balls in desiccated coconut & place a few slivered pistachios or almonds on top of each peda ball. This step is completely optional.
- Now you can store the rava peda for a few hours at room temperature and then serve later. Leftovers can be refrigerated. This rava peda recipe yields 10 medium sized pedas.
- Shape the pedas in lukewarm condition.
- Do refrigerate the left-over pedas.