Punjabi Mutton Curry in Pressure Cooker | Easy | Tasty | Punjabi Mutton Curry is a succulent dish that has tender meat and goes well with all Indian breads such as tandoori roti, butter roti, chapathi and rice.
How to make mutton curry?
There are various ways and methods based on region & people. Cooking mutton takes a whole lot of time. So all prefer cooking mutton in a cooker. Here we are going to see a mutton curry from Punjabi cuisine in pressure cooker.
This recipe is an easy method of preparation.
Ever wondered how mutton served in some restaurants are so tender & succulent.?
Here I m going to use thick curd instead of coconut paste. This curd tenders meat. I m not going to use tomatoes also. If you do not prefer curd you can use coconut paste instead.
How to make good mutton curry? It depends on the choice of meat too. Choose fresh & tender cuts. To yield delicious gravy prefer bone-in mutton pieces.
Punjabi Mutton Curry in Pressure Cooker | Easy | TastyCourse: Mutton, Non VegCuisine: Indian, PunjabiDifficulty: Easy
1/2kg bone-in mutton pieces
2nos cardamon pods
1inch cinnamon stick
1/4tsp fennel seeds
2 medium sized onions thinly sliced
5 to 8 shallots crushed
4 to 5 pieces of cube sized potatoes(optional)
2tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4tsp turmeric powder
2tsp chilly powder
2tsp corriander powder
3/4tsp cumin powder
1/2tsp garam masala
1/4tsp fennel powder
1/4cup thick curd
fresh curry leaves & corriander leaves
salt to taste
Punjabi Mutton Curry in Pressure Cooker | Easy | Tasty | Mutton Curry is a succulent dish that has tender meat and goes well with all Indian breads such as tandoori roti, butter roti, chapathi and rice.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pressure cooker & crackle all whole spices. (cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, bay leaf, fennel seeds )
- Now add in thinly sliced onions & crushed shallots. Saute till it turns to golden brown color. Add fresh curry leaves.
- Add in 2tsp ginger garlic paste, & saute till raw smell goes.
- Now it is time to add spice powders 1/4tsp turmeric, 2tsp chilly & corriander powder, & 1/2tsp cumin powder. Fry masala for 1min.
- Add 1/4 cup water & let the masalas be cooked for 2 to 3 min.
- Now add in the mutton pieces, potato pieces & mix well. Make sure masalas are covered over all mutton pieces.
- Now check for seasoning. Add 1/4cup thick curd, followed by 1/2tsp garam masala & 1/4tsp fennel powder.
- Mix well & add 1 cup water. Bring it to boil & now put on the lid & pressure cook in high flame for 1 whistle & 10 mintutes in low flame.
- Wait for the pressure to be released. Our pressure cooker Punjabi mutton gravy is looking so nice.
- Let us serve it with rice or rotis.
- Choose fresh & tender cuts of mutton.
- To yield delicious gravy prefer bone-in mutton pieces.
- Pressure cooker cooking time differs for all, so cook according to your pressure cooker timing.