Pudina Rice Recipe | Mint Rice | an easy and flavored rice-based recipe made with mint leaves. Traditional pulao is made with a combination of mint and coriander leaves, but I like this recipe with more pudhina leaves in it.
An ideal lunch box or tiffin box recipe which can be served as it is or with yogurt-based raita. Mint pulao is highly recommended during indigestion as it is a good source of antioxidants. Secondly, it is also served for a common cold or running nose problem. I grind a paste for this recipe. I hope you will like this recipe.
Further more, do check out our other rice recipes:
Pudina Rice Recipe | Mint RiceCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Pudina Rice Recipe | Mint Rice | an easy and flavored rice-based recipe made with mint leaves.
3 cups of Cooked and Cooled rice
- For Grinding
2 cups of Mint Leaves / Pudhina
½ cup grated coconut
5 cloves of garlic
2 or 3 Green Chillies
Salt to taste
1 tsp Sugar
- For Tempering
3 tbsp ghee
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tbsp Channa Dal / Kadala Paruppu
1 tbsp Urad dal
1 small cinnamon stick
4 Cardamom pods
- Grind all the ingredients given in the list of grinding to a fine paste & set this aside.
- Now heat 3 tbsp ghee in a pan.
- Add all the ingredients given in the list in the given order one by one and sauté for a min until they are roasted.
- Add the grounded masala and mix well.
- Cook until oil separates. It will take around 10 mins.
- Add sugar and mix well. (step is optional. Sugar balances the taste.)
- Mint rice paste is done.
- Add in the cooked rice and mix well. Saute for 2 mins.
- Close the lid and keep in low flame for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.