Potato fry/aloo fry recipe is a quick, easy and crispy recipe made with potatoes and Indian spices. I used only less oil for this recipe. It is a good side dish for steamed rice, sambar sadham/rasam sadham. It’s a stir fried recipe.
- Potato 1big cut into cubes (see pic below)
- 1/2tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4tsp fennel seeds
- a sprig of fresh curry leaves
- 1/2tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2tsp chilly powder (if you want it spicy add more)
- 1/4tsp corriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1tsp of corriander leaves
- Place a kadai in stove and heat oil.
- Add cumin and fennel seeds and saute it well.
- Followed by ginger garlic paste and fresh curry leaves .
- Once the raw smell of ginger garlic paste is gone add potato cubes and give it a nice mix.
- And close the lid and cook for 5 min in medium flame.
- Add in the spices and salt and now cook till potatoes are cooked well. Give a stir in between cooking, to avoid being burnt. Add in the chopped corriander leaves.
- Potato fry is done, to be served with hot rice. Enjoy..
as I website possessor I believe the content here is real excellent, regards for your efforts.
I really like and appreciate your article. Thanks Again. Sula Yankee Murtha
Major thankies for the blog article. Much obliged. Lanny Wilton O’Hara