Pork chops | Juicy and delicious pan-seared pork chops cooked in a rich onion gravy. A super dinner recipe, perfect for any night of the week!
With a few simple tricks, you can make juicy and tender pork chops with very little fuss.
One of my favorite dish from pork dishes is pork chops. Pork chops are not processed and are leaner than other cuts of pork. To be honest this dish takes time to cook but the result will be superb delicious. A must try recipe for pork lovers.
The pork chops taste is incredible.
How to make pork chops?
For this recipe, it is better to have pork meat without fat. We have to thinly cut the pork pieces. Before pressure cooking pork we have to marinate the pieces.
The most important part is the cooking time. You have to be patient if the output has to be incredible. Let us see how pork chops is made.
Pork ChopsCourse: Beef / Pork, Non VegCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1/2tsp+1/4tsp turmeric powder
1tsp+1tsp pepper powder
Salt as required
1tbsp coconut oil/any vegetable oil
1tbsp crushed ginger
1tbsp crushed garlic
7nos crushed shallots
5nos green chilli
1mo big Onion thinly sliced
Fresh curry leaves
1tbsp coriander powder
1tsp mustard seeds
1/2tsp kashmiri chilly powder
1tsp garam masala
1/2tbsp vinegar/lime juice
- Pressure cooking Pork
- Firstly take a bowl, and add in 1/2kg pork thinly sliced. (for this recipe, it is better to have pork meat without fat)
- Marinate the pork with 1/4tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp pepper powder & 1/2tsp salt.
- Mix well & allow it to rest for 1hr.
- After 1 hr, let us pressure cook the marinated pork along with 1/2cup of water for 2 whistles in high flame & 10 min in low flame.
- Once done, keep it aside to release the pressure.
- Making pork chops
- Add 1tbsp coconut oil/vegetable oil to a large pan.
- Now add in 1tbsp crushed ginger, crushed garlic, 7 to 8 nos crushed shallots, & 1-2nos crushed green chillies. Mix well until raw smell goes.
- Then add in 1 thinly sliced onion & saute well until the onion is transparent
- Add 1/4tsp of salt required for onion to saute soon.
- Now add 1 or 2 green chillies slit in the middle & fresh curry leaves into the pan. While onion is getting cooked well, meanwhile let us prepare the masala paste required for pork.
- Preparing masala paste
- Take a blender/mixie jar. Blend 1tbsp coriander powder/coriander seeds, 1tsp pepper powder, 1/4tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp mustard seeds, 1tsp garam masala & 1/2tsp Kashmiri chilly powder to a smooth paste..
- Add water in intervals to blend well.
- Adding masala paste to pork chops
- Now add in the masala paste to the sauted onion. Mix well & saute till the raw smell of masalas goes away. It may take 20 to 25 minutes to cook this mix, until oil separates.
- Then add in the cooked pork into the masala paste.
- Combine well until all masalas are uniformly mixed with pork pieces.
- If you need extra water add this time & check for seasoning.
- Now let us cook the pork masala for another 15min in low flame until the fragrance of masalas are emanated into the pork pieces.
- At last add in 1/2tbsp vinegar/lemon juice for a sour taste & cook for 5 min in low flame.
- Our pork chops is ready to be served .
- For this recipe, it is better to have pork meat without fat. Use thinly sliced meat.
- Its a kerala cuisine so to have the real taste it is better to cook in coconut oil.