Pork Biryani | with video. Pork biryani is an aromatic & flavorful dish. Over the years biryani has been adapted to suit one’s personal liking and taste. Today across India we can find varieties of biryani made in their own regional & cultural style.
Pork biryani recipe is not a usual recipe to hear around, but those who like the taste of pork should really try out this recipe. See the Pork biryani recipe video in the below link. Do try this different recipe & enjoy the delicious meal.
Pork Biryani | with video. We marinate the pork & cook it in a pressure cooker. Meanwhile, we start making the biryani masala. Furthermore, add a layer of rice followed by pork masala & repeat layering rice & masala. The last step is putting dum.
Pork BiryaniCourse: Beef / Pork, MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Pork Biryani | with video. Pork biryani is an aromatic & flavorful dish | Over the years biryani has been adapted to suit one’s personal liking and taste.
2.5cups cooked basmati rice
- For marination
1.5tsp Ginger paste
1tsp garlic paste
4nos green chilly
1/2tsp turmeric powder
2tsp chilly powder
1/5tsp coriander powder
salt as required
2tsp white vinegar
1/2tsp Garam masala
- For Pork Masala
2cups thinly sliced onions
salt as needed for masala
1tsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup finely chopped tomato
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1tsp chilly powder
1tsp coriander powder
1/2tsp garam masala
2-3 sprigs of chopped coriander leaves
- For Garnishing
1/2 cup fried onions
1/2cup chopped coriander leaves
- Wash 500gm pork in white vinegar & clean it well.
- For marinating the cleaned pork, add 1.5tsp ginger paste& 1tsp garlic paste followed by 4 to 5 finely chopped green chillies.
- Then add in spices one by one : 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 2tsp red chilly powder, 1.5tsp coriander powder, salt as required, 2tsp white vinegar, & ½ tsp garam masala.
- Mix well & keep it aside.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15min
- Then transfer the marinated pork into a cooker & add 1/2cup of water.
- Pressure cook the pork for 1 whistle in high flame & 10 to 15 min in low flame.
- Once done, wait till the pressure is released from the cooker.
- Pork Masala
- While waiting for pork to be cooked, let us make the masala needed for pork biryani.
- Heat a pan & add 1-1.5tsp coconut oil.
- Add 2 cups of thinly sliced onions. Add 1/4tsp salt & mix well until onion turns translucent.[Be careful while adding salt. We have already added salt to pork while cooking. So add salt only for the gravy.]
- Now add in 1tsp ginger garlic paste & saute till the raw smell goes.
- Saute till onion turns into golden brown color.
- Now low the flame & start adding the spices one by one: 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp chilly powder & 1tsp coriander powder.
- Fry the spices for sometime & add 1/2tsp garam masala.
- Now again fry the spices, till raw smell goes.
- Once done, add in 1 big tomato finely chopped. Cover & cook till it turns mushy.
- Now add in the cooked pork into the masala mix.
- Mix well & cook the pork in this masala till it absorbs all the spices.
- Let it cook for 10 to 15min.
- Once done add 2 to 3sprigs of finely chopped coriander leaves to the pork masala & mix well.
- If you want pork masala with gravy switch off the flame now.
- am going to make this gravy thick by cooking it for 10 more minutes.
- Now thick pork masala is ready.
- For Dum Biryani
- I had already cooked 2.5 cups of basmati rice by draining off the excess water from rice. I had cooked rice to 90% only. While cooking rice I had added salt & coriander leaves.
- Now take a biryani pot and start layering for dum biryani.
- Add a layer of rice followed by pork masala & repeat layering rice & masala.
- Once the layering is over, for garnishing add fried onions & chopped coriander leaves on the top of the layer.[If you are interested, add in fried cashews & raisins too]
- Close the lid & place the pot on low flame for 10 min.
- Our pork biryani is ready.
- Transfer the delicious biryani to a serving plate.
- For pork biryani to taste very good it is better to have pork with bones.