Poori masala recipe is a perfect choice for poori.Even you can use this masala for masala dosa too. I know its a very simple recipe but all favorite with poori. It has some tips to come out perfectly well. One important tip is to check for consistency before switching off the flame. Because potatoes drink a lot of water and makes the dish dry soon. Second is do not let onions roast a lot. Texture and crispiness of dish will fade once you do it.
I do not know if you all use this special ingredient in poori masala. I use fennel seeds while tempering so as to enhance the flavor of masala which makes it aromatic. Lets move onto the recipe:
- 2 potatoes(medium) (cooked and mashed with turmeric powder)
- 1tsp urad dal
- 1/2tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2tsp fennel seeds
- Ginger 1tsp crushed or thinly sliced
- Green chilly 2nos
- Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- Onion 1 thinly sliced
- Oil 1tbsp
- Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 3 to 4 whistles
- Peel off the skin, mash the potatoes and keep it aside. While mashing I added turmeric powder to potatoes.
- Now take a pan and add 1tbsp oil.
- Allow the mustard seeds to splutter and add urad dal. Once it turns golden brown add fennel seeds, curry leaves and give a saute.
- Add thinly sliced onion and saute just for 3 to 4 min. (do not let onion to roast a lot, it will change the taste. )
- Now add mashed potatoes and little water to combine everything well.
- Let it boil and reaches a thick consistency, switch off the flame
- Do not make it so dry because potatoes absorb water a lot and will make the dish too dry. So check for consistency according to your taste.
- Enjoy poori masala with hot poori.
Nice to hear.. Sure I will come up with some delicious and easy to do ice cream recipes soon.
I have always loved eating ice cream and whenever I get a chance I never miss eating ice cream and…
Yes you can.
can I use all varieties of dried nuts also?
It’s a good question vinay…it is based on the way you prefer. I never add more alcohol to it. I…