Pineapple Wine in 5 Days | Homemade wine | with step by step photos and video. An easy-to-make-at-home fruity wine that gets served for Christmas, Eater or any other family gatherings. An alcoholic beverage made using fermented pineapples.
Wines are traditionally made of grape, so that makes pineapple wines indeed unique creations. Making it includes similar steps to making grape wine, but it has a distinctive taste. This exotic, fragrant wine is incredibly popular in Mexico, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Thailand and Japan.
However, any fruit can be used to make a wine-like beverage. All that requires is compressing the juice and allowing it to ferment. Further, yeast is added to the fruit juice. Its natural sugars activate the yeasts, and over time, cause fermentation, which gives the drink its alcoholic properties. Later then refined, pasteurised, and packaged like wine.
How to make homemade pineapple wine in 5 days?
Pineapple Wine in 5 Days | Homemade wine | with step by step photos and video. Since this recipe is done in 5 days, we crush the pineapple pieces to make the process little faster. If not, there is no need for crushing and peeling the fruit pieces at all. This crushing brings in a natural color to the wine. The fruit used here is less sweet. Based on the sweetness of fruit you can slightly decrease the amount of sugar. Egg white is added to clarify the wine as we are adding ground pineapple
Moreover, the taste of this wine is especially potent because although pineapples naturally taste very sweet, they become very acidic and strongly bitter after fermentation. Winemakers counter this effect of fermentation by adding water and sugar. Ultimately, the pineapple wine is typically quite sweet and recommended to be served chilled or as a base for a pineapple cocktail.
Pineapple Wine in 5 DaysCourse: WineCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Pineapple Wine in 5 Days | Homemade wine | with step by step photos and video. An easy-to-make-at-home fruity wine that gets served for Christmas, Eater or any other family gatherings.
1/2 kg Pineapple
500 gms Sugar
1/2 tsp Instant Yeast
2 tbsp Wheat Sprouted or Whole Wheat
1/2 Litre Water
1 Small Cinnamon Stick
1 tbsp Egg White (half egg white of a full egg)
- Firstly, peel off the skin & cut the pineapple to small pieces.
- Transfer it to a mixie and grind it without having any chunks.
- Now, let us prepare the wine jar. Let us wash and clean the stone crock or glass jar using for wine making. Dry it completely.
- Then transfer the ground pineapple paste to the stone jar.
- Followed by, 500 gms Sugar, 1/2 tsp Instant Yeast, 2 tbsp Wheat Sprouted or Whole Wheat, egg white and the whole spices ( 2 Cardamoms, 1 Small Cinnamon Stick, 2 Cloves).
- Finally, add 1/2 Litre of boiled and cooled water. Fill only 3/4 portion of the wine jar.
- Now mix all the ingredients well for 2 to 3 minutes using a cleaned and dried wooden spoon.
- Close the crack jar. If you using a glass jar close it and keep it aside from sun light.
- Stir the ingredients using a dried spoon, every 24 hrs. Stir it every day at the same time.
- After 1 day.
- After 5 days. Wine is ready.
- Now strain the wine using a strainer or cloth.
- Since we are grinding the pineapple, you will feel the wine is not clear. In order to have a clear wine, keep the bottle idle for 1 to 2 days.
- We got 1.25 Litre from 1/2 kg pineapple.
- In order to have a clear wine, keep the bottle idle for 1 to 2 days.
- Based on the sweetness of fruit you can slightly decrease the amount of sugar.
- Egg white is added to clarify the wine as we are adding ground pineapple.
- Use a dried wooden spoon for stirring.