Pineapple Upside Down Cake | Eggless | with step by step photos and video. Soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping. Its juices seep down into the cake, adding even more luscious flavor and texture. A classic favorite using canned pineapple and maraschino cherries.
Moreover, a popular cake recipe not just because of it is taste, but also for the fact that the pineapple slices are topped and baked.
How to make a pineapple upside-down cake?
Pineapple Upside Down Cake| Eggless | with step by step photos and video. A classic buttery rich cake with a sweet fruit topping downright which is irresistible. Pineapple upside-down cake is basically already frosted. The garnish is literally baked into the cake. The brown sugar plays a major role in this topping part. It’s flavor in every bite of the cake is so amazing.
An upside-down cake is a cake that is baked in a single pan with its toppings at the bottom of the pan, hence “upside-down”. Then, when removed from the oven, the upside-down preparation is de-panned onto a serving plate, thus righting it, and serving it right-side up.
Pineapple Upside Down CakeCourse: CakeCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Pineapple Upside Down Cake| Eggless Pineapple Cake |with step by step photos and video. Soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
- For the topping
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 Pineapple Slices
6 to 8 Red Cherries
- For Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
½ cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp pineapple essence
2 cup all-purpose flour/maida
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
- Preparing the Topping for the Cake
- Heat a pan. Add 2 tbsp butter and ¼ cup brown sugar.
- Cook over a low flame until the sugar dissolves and changes its color.
- Now, transfer the butter-sugar mixture to butter paper-lined cake mold.
- Then place slices of pineapple over the sugar mixture according to your wish.
- And place cherries in centre of pineapples. (optional)
- keep this aside.
- Preparing Cake Batter
- In a large bowl add ½ cup oil, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp vinegar, and 1 tsp pineapple essence.
- Whisk and mix well until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Now sieve in 2 cups of maida, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- Sieve the flour to prevent any lumps. Mix well using cut and fold method.
- Once the batter is lump-free, transfer the cake batter to the prepared cake mold.
- Level the batter and pat gently to remove any air incorporated.
- Since I m doing it oven less preheat a big kadai in medium flame for 10min.
- Now place the cake mold inside the kadai with a wire stand below and close the kadai. Bake for 30 to 40 min. (bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 40 minutes) or bake until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely and slowly unmold the cake.
- Enjoy pineapple upside down cake cutting into slices.
- If you are using an oven then bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to completely cool down before unmolding.
I really like and appreciate your article. Thanks Again. Sula Yankee Murtha
Major thankies for the blog article. Much obliged. Lanny Wilton O’Hara