Pineapple Upside Down Cake | Eggless | with step by step photos and video. Soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping. Its juices seep down into the cake, adding even more luscious flavor and texture. A classic favorite using canned pineapple and maraschino cherries.
Moreover, a popular cake recipe not just because of it is taste, but also for the fact that the pineapple slices are topped and baked.
How to make a pineapple upside-down cake?
Pineapple Upside Down Cake| Eggless | with step by step photos and video. A classic buttery rich cake with a sweet fruit topping downright which is irresistible. Pineapple upside-down cake is basically already frosted. The garnish is literally baked into the cake. The brown sugar plays a major role in this topping part. It’s flavor in every bite of the cake is so amazing.
An upside-down cake is a cake that is baked in a single pan with its toppings at the bottom of the pan, hence “upside-down”. Then, when removed from the oven, the upside-down preparation is de-panned onto a serving plate, thus righting it, and serving it right-side up.
Pineapple Upside Down CakeCourse: CakeCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Pineapple Upside Down Cake| Eggless Pineapple Cake |with step by step photos and video. Soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple & cherry topping.
- For the topping
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 Pineapple Slices
6 to 8 Red Cherries
- For Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
½ cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp pineapple essence
2 cup all-purpose flour/maida
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
- Preparing the Topping for the Cake
- Heat a pan. Add 2 tbsp butter and ¼ cup brown sugar.
- Cook over a low flame until the sugar dissolves and changes its color.
- Now, transfer the butter-sugar mixture to butter paper-lined cake mold.
- Then place slices of pineapple over the sugar mixture according to your wish.
- And place cherries in centre of pineapples. (optional)
- keep this aside.
- Preparing Cake Batter
- In a large bowl add ½ cup oil, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp vinegar, and 1 tsp pineapple essence.
- Whisk and mix well until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Now sieve in 2 cups of maida, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- Sieve the flour to prevent any lumps. Mix well using cut and fold method.
- Once the batter is lump-free, transfer the cake batter to the prepared cake mold.
- Level the batter and pat gently to remove any air incorporated.
- Since I m doing it oven less preheat a big kadai in medium flame for 10min.
- Now place the cake mold inside the kadai with a wire stand below and close the kadai. Bake for 30 to 40 min. (bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 40 minutes) or bake until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely and slowly unmold the cake.
- Enjoy pineapple upside down cake cutting into slices.
- If you are using an oven then bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to completely cool down before unmolding.
Got the eggless banana bread, thank you so much.
It is easily available in super markets maaam. If not, you can sprout whole wheat grains. Soak the grains overnight…
Where can you buy sprouted wheat?
Nice..Thank you so much..