Pineapple Custard Bread Roll | Easy Snack Recipe | with step by step photos and video. Good party snack recipe made by stuffing pineapple custard. Crispy & a tasty snack.
An interesting appetizer or even party starter recipe which would be appreciated by all age groups. Moreover, simple and easy to make and can be made within minutes yet delivering a mouth-watering evening snack.
Bread snacks have become an integral part of many Indian households. there are many snacks which can be made with leftover bread slices and also mimic other snacks with these bread slices. Bread roll stuffed with potatoes are a very famous recipes. So why not try these bread rolls with a custard. The output was really appreciable.
Selection of pineapple for this recipe:
- I personally prefer, sweet and fresh pineapple slices for this recipe to yield that sweetness effect for the bread rolls.
- Do select ripe pineapples.
How to make Pineapple Custard Bread Roll?
Pineapple Custard Bread Roll | Easy Snack Recipe | with step by step photos and video. The preparation of the stuffing is very simple & needs only few ingredients. The sweet pineapple slices are blended along with sugar and custard powder which are further reduced to a jam upon cooking. The addition of sugar is based on the sweetness of the fruits. Do add more sugar if you fruit is tangy. The stuffing is kept inside the rolled out bread slices which are fried lately.
Furthermore, I would like to highlight some of our other bread recipes from our snack collections. Hope you would enjoy them.
Pineapple Custard Bread RollCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Pineapple Custard Bread Roll | Easy Snack Recipe | with step by step photos and video. Good party snack recipe made by stuffing pineapple custard.
- For the Stuffing
1 cup Diced Pineapple Pieces without the Core & Crust (Check Notes)
3 to 5 tbsp Sugar
11/2 tbsp Custard Powder
1/4 cup Water
- For Bread Rolls
6 to 8 White Bread Slices
1 tsp Sugar
1 cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Water for pasting the edges of rolls
Oil for Frying
- Firstly, take 1 cup of pineapple slices & transfer to a mixie jar along with 3 to 5 tbsp sugar & 11/2 tbsp custard powder. Add sugar based on the sweetness of pineapple.
- Grind to a fine paste.
- Heat a pan & pour this paste.
- Add 1/4 cup of water & mix well.
- Cook this pineapple paste until the color changes & reduced to a thick consistency over a low flame.
- Once it reduces to a slight thickness switch off the flame & allow it to cool completely. Upon cooling it will thicken more.
- Take bread slices & remove the crust. Roll it out to a thin sheet.
- Grease water on the edges of the bread sheet.
- Beat 1 egg with 1 tsp sugar.
- Take one bread sheet. Place 1 tbsp cooled pineapple custard filling & fold the edges making sure to pinch the edges and secure tight.
- Dip these bread rolls in the egg & coat them in bread crumbs.
- Repeat the process for all bread slices.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai.
- Fry the bread rolls one by one in to hot oil. Make sure to fry in hot oil, else bread will absorb oil and turn soggy.
- Flip & fry both the sides over a low to medium flame until it achieves a golden crust. Alternatively, bake the bread to golden brown if you are diet conscious.
- Remove from oil.
- Serve either hot or cold with a cup of tea or coffee.
- I personally prefer, sweet and fresh pineapple slices for this recipe to yield that sweetness effect for the bread rolls. Do select ripe pineapples.