Mushroom Kurma Recipe | Kaalan kurma | with step by step pics & video | Creamy korma recipe. Mushroom Kurma|kurma|korma is a very yummy and easy side dish for chapati, poori, or rice. You can prepare this curry in no time.
Benefits of mushroom:
Mushrooms have plenty of health benefits. Though they contain more than 80% water, they are a good source of minerals and vitamins especially vitamin B and D. They are high in antioxidants and low in calories.
How to make mushroom kurma?
Mushroom Kurma Recipe | Kaalan kurma | with step by step pics & video | Creamy korma recipe. The mushroom, marinated in a masala paste. It is then, cooked along with spices & onion. I love eating pooris with this masala.
Before cooking mushroom, wash the mushrooms gently under running water and pat it dry with a towel. Cut it into big pieces and keep aside. Once you start cooking mushrooms it will start oozing out a lot of water. So I prefer, not to add water while cooking mushrooms. Here I am using white button mushrooms which are now easily available in all super markets.
Mushroom Kurma RecipeCourse: Gravy, VegCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Mushroom Kurma Recipe| Kaalan kurma | with step by step pics & video | Creamy korma recipe. Mushroom Kurma is a very yummy and easy side dish for chapati, poori, or rice.
250 gms white button mushroom
2 tbsp thick curd
3/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
salt as required
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1 bay leaf
3 cardamon pods
1″ cinnamon stick
1 cup onion thinly sliced
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 cup of water
- For Grinding
4 to 5 mint leaves
a handful of coriander leaves
2-3 green chilies
1/2 cup of grated coconut
1/4 cup water
- Grind the Masala Paste
- In a blender add-in 4 to 5 mint leaves, a handful of coriander leaves, 2 green chilies, & 1/2 a cup of grated coconut.
- Add 1/4 cup water & blend it to a smooth & fine paste.
- Marinate the Button Mushrooms
- Take 250gms of sliced mushrooms in a bowl.
- Add the fine masala paste, 2 tbsp thick curd, 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1/4tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder & salt as required.
- Rub the masalas on to the mushrooms uniformly & carefully. Keep it aside for 10-15minutes.
- Preparing Mushroom Kuruma
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai.
- Crackle 1/4 tsp fennel seeds, 1″ cinnamon stick, 2 cloves, 1 bay leaf, & 3 cardamon pods.
- Now add 1 cup of thinly sliced onions & saute until it turns golden brown.
- Then add 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste & 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. Saute it well.
- Followed by the marinated mushroom. Mix the ingredients well & uniformly. Cover & cook for 5 min in low flame.
- The mushrooms will start to ooze out water.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala, check for seasoning & mix well. Cover & cook again for 5 minutes.
- Now add-in 1 cup of water & simmer for 5 to 8minutes. Adjust the water based on the gravy thickness.
- Our delicious kuruma is ready to be served along with any rotis, pooris or rice.
- Adjust the water based on the gravy thickness.
- Do not slice the mushrooms thinly. Upon cooking, mushrooms will shrink in size.