Mullu murukku is from the traditional Tamilnadu cuisine. Its an ideal snack recipe. It is an attractive and simple deep fried savory snack recipe made with rice flour and urad dal flour. unlike other traditional chakli or murukku recipe, this one has more spikes and bright in color and hence named after mullu. I have used rice flour and urad dal with a variation of coconut milk.
- 2½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup urad flour
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut milk, thick
- water, for kneading
- oil, for frying
- In a large bowl take 2½ cup rice flour and ½ cup urad flour.
- Add 2 tbsp sesame seeds, ½ tsp ajwain, pinch hing, 2 tbsp butter and 1 tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- Further add ½ cup coconut milk and combine the flour. you can add more coconut milk if you like the flavor.
- add water as required and knead the dough.
- knead to a smooth and soft dough adding water as required.
- Now take star mould and fix to the chakli maker/idiyappam presser.
- Grease the chakli maker with some oil, this prevents dough from sticking to mould.
- Make a cylindrical shape out of dough and place the dough inside the maker.
- Tighten the lid and start preparing chaklis.
- On the wet cloth or butter paper make small spiral shape chaklis by pressing.
- seal the ends so that it doesn’t fall apart while deep frying.
- take one murukku at a time and slide it into the hot oil.
- Flip the murukku and fry on medium flame till they turn crispy from both sides.
- Drain over a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Now serve hot and crispy mullu murukku .
as I website possessor I believe the content here is real excellent, regards for your efforts.
I really like and appreciate your article. Thanks Again. Sula Yankee Murtha
Major thankies for the blog article. Much obliged. Lanny Wilton O’Hara