Milk Burfi | Milk Powder Barfi | Milk Sweets | with step by step photos and video. A super delicious, easy to make, melt in mouth Indian sweet or fudge recipe prepared in less than 30 minutes. An ideal Indian sweet recipe perfect for festivals like rakhi, deepavali or any festive occasions.
Generally milk based burfi is prepared with khoya or mawa, but whenever we are short of time, we can prepare it with milk powder. In addition we personally feel this is one of the simplest sweet recipes compared to those which are based on sugar syrups.
How to make milk powder barfi or milk barfi?
Milk Burfi | Milk Powder Barfi | Milk Sweets | with step by step photos and video. A popular Indian milk sweet recipe. Few varieties include besan, Kaju (kaju katli), Chocolate, Almond or Badam.
Traditionally this requires khoya or mawa milk solids and some does need sugar syrup. While using this method, does not require you to make any sugar syrup or check for consistency. This method using milk powder makes it quicker and easier with no compromise in taste if you follow the steps exactly as given below.
In addition, we would like to highlight sweet rava peda, Arabian Sweet Dumpling-Lukqaimat, Aval Laddu and Bombay Karachi Halwa. Furthermore, kindly check our snack recipes also. Hope you would like them too.
Milk Burfi | Milk Powder BarfiCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Milk Burfi | Milk Powder Barfi | Milk Sweets | with step by step photos and video. A super delicious, easy to make, melt in mouth Indian sweet or fudge recipe prepared in less than 30 minutes.
2 tbsp Ghee
7 tbsp Milk
1 cup Milk Powder
4 tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
4 to 5 Saffron Strands (optional)
Pista as desired
Almond as desired
- Firstly, heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan or kadai.
- Keeping the flame on low, add in 7 tbsp milk, 1 cup milk powder and 4 tbsp sugar.
- Mix well making sure everything is combined well.
- Stir continuously keeping the flame on low and no lumps formed. Now keep stirring until milk thickens.
- Furthermore, the milk forms dough after stirring for 10 minutes.
- At this stage add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder, 5 to 6 strands of saffron (optional) nd some chopped pistas & badams. Combine well.
- For a nice color add few drops of saffron water. This is completely optional. Mix well.
- Now the dough separates from the pan. Do not over cook, as the burfi turns chewy.
- Transfer the prepared dough into a oil or ghee greased plate or bowl.
- Set well forming a block.
- Now top with few chopped almonds and pistachios and press slightly.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until it sets completely.
- Now unmould and cut into pieces.
- Finally, serve milk powder burfi or store in airtight container.
- Cook until dough separates from the pan. Do not over cook, as the burfi turns chewy.