Microgreen Daal Curry|Parippu Curry | with video. Today let us see another microgreen recipe that can go well along as side dish for chapathi or rice. For other microgreen, recipes click here. To know how to grow microgreens at home click here.
This daal recipe is very healthy for all age groups. Try out this recipe.
Microgreen Daal Curry|Parippu CurryCourse: MicrogreensCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
1/2cup moong dal
1/4 cup pumpkin(optional)
salt as required
1/2cup grated coconut
1 clove garlic
1 green chilly
fresh curry leaves
1/4tsp turmeric powder
1/4tsp cumin seeds
1/4tsp mustard seeds
2nos red chillies
Microgreen Daal Curry|Parippu Curry | with video. How to make microgreen daal curry?
- In a pressure cooker add 1/2cup washed moong dal, 1/4 cup sliced pumpkins, 1/2tsp salt & 1 1/2cup water. Mix well & cook it for 1 whistle. Wait till pressure is released.(if you do not like the taste of pumpkin avoid using it)
- Mean while in a blender, add in 1/2cup grated coconut, 3 shallots, 1clove garlic, 1 green chilly, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, 3or4 curry leaves, & 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. Blend grind it to a smooth paste. Add 2tbsp water in intervals.
- Now add this grinded paste into the cooked dal mixture & check for saltness & consistency. (Add salt & water as required)
- Let this dal mixture boil for 2 to 3 min. Now add in the microgreens. I am using green gram microgreens.
- Boil for 1 min & turn off the flame.
- For tempering, crackle mustard seeds & red chilllies. Then add thinly sliced shallots & saute till it turns golden color.
- Pour this tempering into the daal mix.
- Serve it with chapathi or rice.